To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Discworld, the wonderful Discworld: The Ankh-Morpork Map for iPad is available for half price for a limited period only.
From today (17th July) until Wednesday 31st July, iPad owners can download the app from the App Store for just £4.99.
A no.1 Reference app in twelve countries, The Ankh-Morpork Map is the first ever app set in Discworld and is packed full of fantastic content. As well as containing the full text from The Compleat Ankh-Morpork, alongside exclusive new illustrations, animations, audio and video, the app includes the following features:
* Two beautifully detailed, hand-drawn maps of Ankh-Morpork
* Explore a living, breathing animated map of Discworld’s most famous city with over 1,500 residents wandering the streets
* Keep an eye out for famous Discworld characters going about their business
* Find your way around with a detailed street map
* Discover over 2,000 businesses, services and landmarks
* Listen to a bespoke soundscape that ebbs and flows as you explore to match the atmosphere of the city at work.
* Navigate with ease, with a fully searchable city directory and street index
* Take a guided walking tour of famous landmarks with historian Hortensia D’Antiqua (voiced by Blackadder’s Helen Atkinson Wood)
* Read quotes from the Discworld novels
* Unlock achievements as you explore
* Deliver post for the Blind Letters Office
Praise for the app:
‘The Discworld is warm, silly, fantastically inventive… There’s never been anything quite like it’ – Evening Standard
‘His spectacular inventiveness makes the Discworld series one of the perennial joys of modern fiction’ Mail on Sunday
‘Ankh-Morpork at your fingertips. Just remember to wash your hands afterwards!’ – Terry Pratchett