ASSASSINS GAME (TAKE II) - SIGN UPS

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:54 pm

Well at least we know he's reading, even if he isn't posting :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:04 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:mC - it's OK I'm in and I think Dotsie is too so we're up to 7 again at least

I offered to run it for pooh as that's easier (for me just now) but he's got his teeth into it now and gods knows what he's got up his sleeve this time so I'm playing unless something awful happens and I get a strange reaction with my new tabs that I start on Weds. :D

OK - Questioner 'questions' :wink: Basically they can take someone into custody and the runner will confirm whether they're innocent or a killer, one or the other, so they can't discover each other that way (if the Questioner calls in the Protector then they just get an innocent result (pooh thought I'd mucked up when he questioned me and I was protector and we had a massive row 'cos I thought he might be a killer and wouldn't trust him and it all came out that he knew I was innocent because he'd questioned me, but hadn't realised I was his 'unknown' partner so then it made finding the killers easier, except one of them wasn't about at all - Kladivo and I'd blocked Crys who was his co-killer and we got a no kill situation. Pooh had another bright idea that it was Tina and we got ourselves into a knot for a bit, while Dotsie laughed like a drain :lol:

'Tis a wonderful game, but the 1st rounds psychic basically which is why no shows really get on my nerves... :P

Thankies...
NOW
is the Runner a role and what do they do? Huh? Huh? Huh? :D
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 pm

The runner is the game director and neutral

They don't play, they set the scene, mediate when things get heavy and explain when people get confused and above all the collect data from the cops and killers during the night phase when the sleuthing and killing happens. 8)

In other words they run the game and act as referee during the voting phases. What they never do is harm the secret active roles IDs until they are eliminated formally - voted off or killed. Which is mostly why the first attempt at this failed :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to Games