ASSASSINS GAME (TAKE II) - SIGN UPS

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

ASSASSINS GAME (TAKE II) - SIGN UPS

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:55 am

So who wants to play this time?
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Willem » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:40 am

Me!
Willem

Postby SimStars13 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:20 am

Me please! :)
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
SimStars13

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:38 pm

Okay.. I am so appreciative to Jan and Pooh for stating the rules last tiime... but let me see if I have it straight....

Ten of us start.
Pooh assigns roles.
Two of us are killers, two are cops, one protector, one questioner.
The two killers know who they are and they can pm each other ?
The two cops know each other and they can pm each other?
The questioner is on his own?
The protector is on his own?

Then Jan went and got killed straight off the bat... she was dead before I even KNEW she was dead... She was begging us to vote off BidDaddy and i thought that would save her.... and if that didn't work I could protect her (as a protector)... but she was already dead.....

And if I got confused i couldnt pm anyone because Pooh (running the game) was also playing it... as was Jan.

MY PROPOSAL:
So I propose that another party (perfectly neutral) is available for people who have got lost to ask questions about the rules..... NOT who to kill etc, but the basic twists and turns and fix the confusion such as I had.... I mean if I had asked... I would have been told NO Jan is dead.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:47 pm

I posted this in the abandoned thread:

Personally I would LOVE to play but I am still running the bosses business for another week (our weekend is not like anyones elses).... and I am involved in a few things here with friends and relief work... and its early days.

Alot of houses are still under the water and we still have friends to clean up for. I don't want to make promises as all hell could still break lose here as its still the heart of the cyclone season and one is heading this way.

(I am still vunerable to falling water at my place right up to winter as usually the falling water (rain) is not a problem but I have no idea where I stand if its falling rain AND backed up creeks nd rivers) :(

So I won't play :(
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Didn't see this but I'm in as said in the abandoned thread

Del - clarification in blue :wink:
Ten of us start. - Not necessarily - we reconfirm interest in this thread and may get new people or lose old ones. This time I suggest we qualify that as a commitment to play so availability and presence are also required factors to ensure the game progresses smoothly. This does not mean constant posting - just one or two per session are fine, so long as you're showing an interest even if it's only to whinge and say you haven't got a clue! :lol:
Pooh assigns roles.
The two cops know each other and they can pm each other? No. the cops do not know each other in the beginning - but they may find each other as we go along.
The questioner is on his own? Not necessarily - see above
The protector is on his own? Not necessarily - see above

With the cops, if they get together, then it's almost certainly going to be a quick capture because they can liaise on their targets like the killers do and so eliminate far more quickly that way - they are the other innocents champions and should use the info they get from their night duties to influence the vote off sessions (as do the killers as they kill all the way through through the votes and at nigtht) :wink:

The rules and gameplay are different
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Awwww! It's probably best Del - you can still gawp though! Exactly what you were doing in the last game except nobody will take a blind bit of notice of you because you have no vote and no status as a player. in others words all the fun and none of the responsibilities :lol:

About pooh - he wasn't playing, he was 'feeding' us - or not feeding us at times... :P The runner's purpose is to set the game up and give it structure and guidance. SO the runner's role is executive and narrative and most of all impartial. :P This means pooh's in the game with us, controlling it and correcting wrong assumptions and giving relevant info where necessary.

Some of you may have thought I was a little harsh with Quatermass about Gawping - but I was just being straight with him in a forceful manner :roll: with a sledgehammer in other words 'cos that's how it worked with him... He had a nice idea but this is not a roleply vehicle and although in our version of the game of Mafia (it's proper name but aka Werewolf or Assassin) we themed it for Discworld it's all about deduction and elimination. Played 'live' for groups (like we did at the convention) where it's really fast-moving even though there are far more people involved because it's literally done by drawing lots and pointing fingers either literally or by secret ballot with exactly those same principles of decuction and elimination. I adapted it for this forum so we need longer timespans for voting and debate as people aren't on at the same times so the week and 24-48 hour phases are about as sensible as it gets for scoping for a 7 player minimum game. Gawping is also unique to us (I think) because of that longer timespan to make the game more interesting for everyone as you can play without playing :wink:

Hopefully this time we can have a decent crack at it and Del can still nip in and cause havoc without being tied to voting and PMing behind the scenes :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Didn't see this but I'm in as said in the abandoned thread

Ten of us start. - Not necessarily - we reconfirm interest in this thread and may get new people or lose old ones. This time I suggest we qualify that as a commitment to play so availability and presence are also required factors to ensure the game progresses smoothly. This does not mean constant posting - just one or two per session are fine, so long as you're showing an interest even if it's only to whinge and say you haven't got a clue! :lol:
Pooh assigns roles.
The two cops know each other and they can pm each other? No. the cops do not know each other in the beginning - but they may find each other as we go along.

With the cops, if they get together, then it's almost certainly going to be a quick capture because they can liaise on their targets like the killers do and so eliminate far more quickly that way - they are the other innocents champions and should use the info they get from their night duties to influence the vote off sessions (as do the killers as they kill all the way through through the votes and at nigtht) :wink:

So how do the killers find each other? Pm? and what if you pm the wrong person as an idiot and then if they are the killer they will have a clue about you.... AND what do you mean: Not necessarily? Do you pm or not? sooooooooooooo lost.
deldaisy

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Count me in! (again :wink: )
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:49 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Didn't see this but I'm in as said in the abandoned thread

Pooh assigns roles.

So how do the killers find each other? Pm? and what if you pm the wrong person as an idiot and then if they are the killer they will have a clue about you.... AND what do you mean: Not necessarily? Do you pm or not? sooooooooooooo lost.

The killers pm each other.

If you are a killer and pm the wrong person, then you deserve to be voted off because you would be an idiot!

If you protect someone and nobody is killed, then you know the person you protected is innocent. Therefore you send them a pm and if you can convince them you are honest (not a killer trying to trick them), then two of you can work together.
poohcarrot

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Yeah but what if I had protected Willem (killer)? (at the time I didn't know he was a killer.)
deldaisy

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:03 pm

He wouldn't have been killed. :lol:

And you wouldn't have known you'd protected a killer.
poohcarrot

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:09 pm

poohcarrot wrote:He wouldn't have been killed. :lol:

And you wouldn't have known you'd protected a killer.

Jan said:
If you protect someone and nobody is killed, then you know the person you protected is innocent.

Oh so WIllem would have been off killing someone else.....

So what the hell is the voting for then??? when people vote for an OFF.
deldaisy

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:11 pm

You start with x players.

Each round one person is voted off making x-1

The killers will also probably kill someone making x-2

The idea is for the innocents to vote the killers off before they kill everyone. :P
poohcarrot

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Sheeeesh Pooh well why didn't you say that in the first place?

NOW it makes sense!
deldaisy

Next

Return to Games