A bit creepy

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

A bit creepy

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 pm

I have, as most of you probably know by now, not yet 1 year old son. I therefore also have a babylistener which is normally turned off during the day, but sometimes I forget to turn off the receiver thingy as was the case today.

Had just come home from the store, and put my son in the playpen while I went out to get the groceries from the car. When I got back inside I hear a baby crying and complaining, and it's coming from the receiver standing beside my bed. :o (And I swear it sounded just like my son, I would recognice those cries anywhere...)
The thing is, he's happily playing in the livingroom, and when I go upstairs to check the only one I find in my bedroom is my eldest cat, snoring softly under the duvet.
I find the receiver, and it is on, but by now it's showing no signs of getting any signals in.

My boyfriend is away, because of work, for a few days. Normally this wouldn't bother me as I'm usually quite levelheaded, but must admit I am a bit worried, especially as I don't have Mulder and Scully on speed-dial....
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:19 pm

That is creepy. :shock:

I'm reluctant now to start posting creepy experiences of my own as you are already a bit creeped out. Reading more scary stuff isn't going to help. :wink:

All I will say is that there is probably a perfectly logical explanation...

probably... :o
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:24 pm

Yeah, probably...

Good thing I've got two fierce cats to protect me from mean ghosties....they'll probably purr them to...well, a state of more dead I guess :?
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:30 pm

Cats make great guard dogs. Sharlene's cats will often attack invisible Martian cats. I always feel very safe when they are around. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:02 pm

I've heard of something similar before, WannabeAngua, You could have been picking up a signal from someone elses baby alarm. Check out your neighbours to see if they have one the same as yours for their kids.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:05 pm

That could certainly make sense if it's a cordless model. See - told you there's probably be a logical explanation. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Problem is, Tiffany, none of my neighbours have kids...so in that case it must pick it up from somewhere far, far away :)

Hmmm, maybe my pride and joy is in fact a born ventriloquist.
God, I hope not, he'll scare his mom to death eventually :(
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Sometimes cats can make crying type noises - if he was snoring perhaps he made a strange noise (for him) being chased by a giant scary dream mouse ? :shock:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:14 pm

Or maybe atmospherics are causing a signal to bounce from elsewhere...
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:04 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Or maybe atmospherics are causing a signal to bounce from elsewhere...

That could be it, like when you get a crossed line on a telephone, perhaps.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Calon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:19 pm

Cats do hugely convincing wails that really do sound like babies. They really do.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. Sir Terry Pratchett.
Calon

Postby chris.ph » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:12 am

siamese cats used to guard the temples in thailand + if its a cordless reciever it could be picking up stray radio signals but the chances are that it was your moggie snoring :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:47 pm

I reckon it was aliens, trying to communicate with your son. He could be the future for intergalactic peace!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:20 pm

dotsies been reading hubbard :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby big yan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:52 pm

we used to have one of the wireless monitors when our daughter was born, only one night the reciever picked up someone else's tranny cos when we were sitting watching tv we heared them doing the horizontal bop!

must have frightened the life out of them when i went upstairs and shouted for them to get on with it down our tranny!
big yan

Next

Return to The Broken Drum