Just want to say to Terry Pratchett

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:28 pm

mran6ry wrote:cheers guys and thanks for the welcome, probably wrong forum but intial thoughts on nation? Being a diskworld fan im a little trepidaious of this non magical world..
I thought it was really good - we have a Nation thread here somewhere. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby NightOwl » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:22 am

Tonyblack wrote:Hi there NightOwl! Welcome to the forum. I have to agree with you about Nation. I thought it was a marvellous book. But you have piqued my curiosity - what did the company called 'Mort' do? :shock:

It was a firm of solicitors - "Mort Kirtley & Ogden" later "Mort Tilbrook & Kirtley" then "Mort Tilbrook"

it met its end when the Vampires took over...
All the World's a Stage
NightOwl

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:20 pm

:lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby eagoodlife » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:44 am

:D [i]Hi Guys,would you believe I'm only just reading my first Terry Pratchett Discworld?? I've been around all his life and only just got round to it, loved it from the first paragraph and what I've got to look forward to!!! Hope it takes ages to work through everything he's written.
Re the posting here about bullying I had some experience of it as a young kid, dealt with it on my own as an only child and didn't confide in my Mother until I had swung my school-bag up into a tormentor's lip and split it dramatically and bloodily.Guess what? it all stopped and never happened again.I'm a pacifist so not an advocate of violence but sometimes you have to take a stand.Although they may not look it bullies are scared,frightened individuals who don't know where they are or where they're going. Find your inner strength and deal with it.[/i]
eagoodlife

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:33 am

Welcome to the forum eagoodlife! I kind of envy you for having all that Pratchett to read for the first time. :D
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:14 am

welcome to the site mate :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Dotsie » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:55 pm

Welcome to the site eagoodlife!

eagoodlife wrote:Re the posting here about bullying I had some experience of it as a young kid, dealt with it on my own as an only child and didn't confide in my Mother until I had swung my school-bag up into a tormentor's lip and split it dramatically and bloodily.Guess what? it all stopped and never happened again.

The one time I got cornered by a bully & her mates, I looked down to see a stone on the ground. Threatening her with it didn't help, so... I lobbed it. Despite throwing like a girl, I did split her lip, she went off crying to her mum who told my mum, & I got the rollocking of my life. :roll:

And what did I learn from all this? Violence is never the answer! Also, mums feel incredibly guilty if you bring up episodes like this later in life :lol:

(Although the bully never picked on me again :D )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett