Assassins Whowozzit Rules and Support Thread

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:36 am

You're still being so manipulative! Poisondot and Del are hardly newbies, although they haven't played this game before. They would be extremely unlikely to be no-shows, and would be happy to work out how to play as the game progresses, so I find it very unlikely that they would be excluded from any major roles on that basis. And I still think it would be bad news to have put eg Big Daddy as a killer - I did it once with mC, and she had to do all the killing by herself, and she couldn't get onto the board everyday.

The fact is Jan, this is mostly about chance and you're just guessing - admit it!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:59 am

Dotsie wrote:You're still being so manipulative! Poisondot and Del are hardly newbies, although they haven't played this game before. They would be extremely unlikely to be no-shows, and would be happy to work out how to play as the game progresses, so I find it very unlikely that they would be excluded from any major roles on that basis. And I still think it would be bad news to have put eg Big Daddy as a killer - I did it once with mC, and she had to do all the killing by herself, and she couldn't get onto the board everyday.
The fact is Jan, this is mostly about chance and you're just guessing - admit it!

Huh? :shock: Are there other mC's on this forum apart from me?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:05 pm

michelanCello wrote:
Dotsie wrote:You're still being so manipulative! Poisondot and Del are hardly newbies, although they haven't played this game before. They would be extremely unlikely to be no-shows, and would be happy to work out how to play as the game progresses, so I find it very unlikely that they would be excluded from any major roles on that basis. And I still think it would be bad news to have put eg Big Daddy as a killer - I did it once with mC, and she had to do all the killing by herself, and she couldn't get onto the board everyday.

Judas H. Priest :roll: How many times must I say it Dotsie?! 8) :lol:
I wrote:A note on no-shows as fair game - in the 1st round it's all luck and no real judgment at all. I actually voted for Cur with myself as sub if that wasn't allowed - that's how likely I think we innocents will strike lucky and I have no views on anyone else at this stage, not even poisondot or del who've got diverted into mild RP as they're both newbs to the game and so can't help that - plus Cur was hardly helpful in giving no steer (a body) whatsoever that we could play along with and compounded that by telling us that his cops and killers might not be notified for a while...

mC - care to remind Dotsie how many games you've played please? And how confident pooh was that he started laying odds on it being her and me for being the killers? :twisted: :wink: And it turned out to be his pact buddy Willem - and me? :roll: :lol:

OK folks just ignore the banter - 1st round no matter how much info you may think you have, even if you're a cop (because that's all you know) then you really don't know zip until Cur does the reveal for the 1st vote-off and the killers make their follow-up kill - that's how the game works and it doesn't matter a damn whether the active roles are given to newbies, or if they're turning up, or ignoring these game threads or not. 8)

Until the first person voted off and the 1st night kill are eliminated the only facts you have are as I just listed them. Start bringing in factors like whether Cur has included newbies (and Bikkit) in the active role draw (Dotsie, not me - I just responded to her) and you're making things harder for yourself not easier.

OK - truth about being gobby. You're playing the game properly. Be quiet and/or absent and you're useless to the rest of us so it doesn't matter much if you stay or go, no matter whether you're an active role. If Big Daddy or Bikkit's a killer (sorry guys if you're monitoring this, but it's true neverthless :wink:) then brilliant - we vote one of them off now and we're all automatically 50% safer. If one of them's a cop - tough, but we still have one in the game, the remaining one might break cover in the next day phase and/or discover something overnight during the kill phase - maybe even block a kill altogether? It's possible for the protector cop to block a killer by accident more than design and that informs all the players in the next game - especially if we've got the other killer in the vote off because then our lovely cop knows they've pinned the other one! :lol:

If BD and Bikkit are innocents - still good. In this vote-off we still get rid of 10% of the factoring on all the equations - so still a result, yes? :lol: The killers really are handicapped in this particular game because they're seriously outnumbered, so often they even have to sacrifice themselves as we pare down the odds! :wink: For them it's shooting fish in a barrel time with the added cherry of bagging a cop - until the odds start tumbling... :twisted: More about the active roles if I make it through to day 2 - it's a big risk now because the killers really need to kill me now - lets hope they haven't been turning up to check on the posting huh? Or maybe I'm bluffing like hell now and I know if I make it through this phase I'm completely and utterly safe during the night...? Maybe I'm just worried about the vote off huh? Or maybe I've got a headache and don't want to go the distance? :P It's fun, fun, fun all the way guys! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:24 pm

michelanCello wrote:

I think Dotsie meant Crysania :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 pm

Same thing - Crys wasn't a killer either :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Yes she was! in the game Dotsie hosted in Uberwald. Kladivo was her partner but he went AWOL :roll:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:23 pm

Thank you Sjoerd! Yes, I meant crys.

As for it not mattering either way if we vote off an innocent no-show - if they are innocent, then we've lost the chance to get one of the killers. So, everyone has to decide if they think the no-shows are likely to be killers or not, because it does make a difference.

And I think players should think about who to vote for, even if it's just chance, otherwise it would be a bit boring :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Of course we should all think - it's just that we haven't got any data for it to matter what we think much at this stage.

OK - I'll qualify that to reliable data. And no shows are useful as cannon fodder and to produce data as much as the gobby people.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby raisindot » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Whatever it is, this whole "first day/night" thing is taking way too long for me. We've got to wait until Wednesday to get to the next bit? I've never played one of these things, but I'm going to have a hard time keeping interested if it takes several weeks for the whole thing to get done. Only so many times you can vote for people or post theories. Unless, of course, this is Sir's plan.
raisindot

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:49 pm

But don't you think that people with roles'd post more? Because they're involved more, wich'd mean that even no shows'd be posting more, and therefore they weren't no shows anymore...
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Kladivo proved that isn't the case though.
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Dotsie wrote:Kladivo proved that isn't the case though.

Don't know about that... is/was he a forum member who played this with you guys some previous time?
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:16 pm

Yes - see Sjoerd's post further up.
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:22 pm

Please Cur. Can we bring the voting deadline forward - poisondot's getting bored. Shouldn't have wallied about with the role allocation so much shouldya? :twisted:

For the sake of fairness we usually do have a week for vote offs so the no shows have a decent run at showing up... :D Night/kill phases last 48 hours for the same reason so no show killers have more time not to show up... 8)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:27 pm

Dotsie wrote:Yes - see Sjoerd's post further up.

I did, I just thought there was more to it... never mind.
Listen.
michelanCello

PreviousNext

Return to Games