Is There A Full Discworld Book List with ISBN

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Is There A Full Discworld Book List with ISBN

Postby Parkstee » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:01 am

As said else where on here im re-building my collection and aim to get hold of every book eventually or at least try my hardest anyway does anyone have or know of a list of every book with its ISBN number and in this I mean every version of every book
Parkstee

Postby Ezekiel000 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:51 am

Ezekiel000

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:03 am

Or you could look at Colin Smythe's website where all the books are listed along with ISBN numbers for the various versions. :)

Both are very good sources of the information.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:54 am

and then when you cant find something on one of those two web sites i might be able to help as well :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Parkstee » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:32 am

The plan is to create a list using excel so any help will be very much appreciated
Parkstee

Postby Ben Carey » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi

I'm new to the Terry Pratchett Book's can anyone tell me are all the books on the link above Adult books. As i know he has written children's books aswell
Ben Carey

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:05 pm

Ben Carey wrote:Hi

I'm new to the Terry Pratchett Book's can anyone tell me are all the books on the link above Adult books. As i know he has written children's books aswell
The whole thing about suitablity for age is a bit of a difficult one with Terry's books. All of his books can be and are read by people of all ages. Even the so-called adult ones are read by children.

I would say that some are written with children in mind - but he doesn't write down to them and some of the so-called childre's books have quite important consepts in them.

I would say (if I was pushed) that the Johnny Maxwell Trology, The Bromeliad Trilogy, The Carpet People and possibly Amazing Maurice and the Tiffany series could be classed as less adult and more chilren's/young adults.

Hope that helps :)
Tonyblack

Postby Ezekiel000 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Ben Carey wrote:Hi

I wouldn't say that Terry Pratchett has written any children's books but the ones that Tony listed are aimed more towards young adults/teenagers (Although I enjoyed all of them).

Where's my cow may be considered a children's book but I'm not sure as I've never seen it.

All others (Discworld, Good Omens, Nation, The Unadulterated Cat, Dark Side of the Sun & Strata) are not aimed at any specific age group.
Ezekiel000

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:27 pm

I'd say Where's My Cow was a parody of a children's book for very small children. It causes libraries a real headache when it comes to classifying it. :wink:
Tonyblack

Return to Discworld novels