The all new TOTALLY REVAMPED (much more tricky) quote game!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:20 am

note: There are two imposters. And one of you is right but you have to guess BOTH OF THEM :twisted:

They're both from the same book. One is said by someone called breeze. The other is said by someone who is not called breeze.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby madam » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:52 pm

ok one imposter is definatly 11- i cant remember any hatrcik references in discworld whatsoever and im kinda in a tie between number ten and number two.
madam

Postby bikkit » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:38 pm

one of those is right

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Willem » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 am

1. "It's true, it's called living" - life flashing before our eyes when we die. TP for sure.

2. "The pen is very sharp" - and the sword is very small? TP probably too.

3. "A fish!" Weird enough for a Pratchett quote :)

4. "But, my dear man, the world appears to be ending" Could be, Discworld's been on the verge of ending so many times.

5. "even those members of it who are dead" Has a certain TP turn of phrase to it, inclined to believe it's one of his.

6. "Ngk"
7. "Thud. Splat" The master of readable sound effects! :)

7a. "glaim gis oteg in der gaing og der" ...and of people talking with something in their mouths.

9. "Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down" Also very TP like but feels like a red herring.

10."Look out, he's got a gnu!" Definately Pratchett, although not Discworld I think. Johnny Maxwell?

11. "like a homocidal hatrick" confirmed as one of the answers.

I'd say it's either 4, 7a or 9 on the basis that 3, 6 and 7 are so obscure they could be in any book :). Can't make out what 7a's saying so I'll go for that one.

Edit: just read the previous comments, changing to 4 since either 4 or 1 is confirmed to be the other wrong one. So I'm claiming it's 4 and 11!
Willem

Postby bikkit » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:18 pm

We have a winner!

The gnu quote- Jhonny maxwell :D

4- "I'm not sure if you noticed that earthquake a moment ago, but, my dear man, the world appears to be ending. This is and indisputably depressing event." - Breeze, (The hero of ages, the mistborn trilogy, Brandon sanderson)

11- "Elend smiled. "Oh, come on. You have to admit that you're unusual, Vin. You're like some strange mixture of a noblewoman, a street urchin, and a cat. Plus, you've mangaged - in our short three years together - to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That's kind of like a homicidal hat trick." - (same book as above)

bikkit

Postby deldaisy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

"glaim gis oteg in der gaing og der" is this a gargoyle talking?
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby bikkit » Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:32 pm

Nah. It's from good omens when someone with a knife in their mout is trying to speak.

bikkit

Previous

Return to Games