Arise Sir Terry

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Arise Sir Terry

Postby wayneinsweden » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 pm

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving author. Great news. It's a good job it wasn't the pratrician with that sword, there could have been a nasty accident!
wayneinsweden

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 pm

:lol: You could be right!

Welcome to the site wayneinsweden! :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby zeri667 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Congratulations, Sir Terry. And best wishes...

Oook oook...
zeri667

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:17 pm

And oook to you too zeri667! :lol: Welcome!
Tonyblack

Postby DivingBudgie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am

Catch-up wrote:Yep, from Colin and Alan. :D And most definitely a masterpiece. I love it!

It is a little bit more than the Laernu stamps, but I can certainly see why. There's a little bit in the description about that too.

Just wanted to ask if people thought they were worth the price for me it is going to be close to Aus$70 by the time the postage is added.
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison
DivingBudgie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:38 am

DivingBudgie wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Yep, from Colin and Alan. :D And most definitely a masterpiece. I love it!

It is a little bit more than the Laernu stamps, but I can certainly see why. There's a little bit in the description about that too.

Just wanted to ask if people thought they were worth the price for me it is going to be close to Aus$70 by the time the postage is added.
It depends on whether you collect 'Cinderella' stamps. If you are a collector and a collector of Colin and Alan's work, or you want this special edition to celebrate Terry's knighthood, then it may well be worth it. I know there seems to be a lot of interest on the Cunning Artificer's Stamp Forum. :)
Tonyblack

Ignorance

Postby Treekeeper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Please forgive my ignorance is the cunning articifer another website?
Treekeeper

Re: Ignorance

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Treekeeper wrote:Please forgive my ignorance is the cunning articifer another website?
Sorry, I tend to forget that people don't visit the same places as I do. :oops:

The Cunning Artificer forum is owned by Bernard Pearson (who was in the recent Alzheimer documentary) and it's the home of Discworld Stamps and lots of other lovely merchandise. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:44 pm

I think that this is about time! I was shocked when I found out, personally I am proud for him, it could not have been given to a better human being!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Catch-up » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:16 pm

DivingBudgie wrote:

Definitely take into consideration what your budget is for these kinds of things. I try to set a limit and stick to it.

This one was a must have for me because I have all of the Discworld stamps that Colin Edwards and Alan Batley created (which is a huge majority of all the DW stamps created), along with most of their non-Discworld stamps.

One thing I can tell you is that their products are of the best quality! Their designs are incredibly detailed and well thought out. The illustrations are incredible. I have never, ever been disappointed. :D
Catch-up

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett