Arise Sir Terry

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Arise Sir Terry

Postby wayneinsweden » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 pm

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving author. Great news. It's a good job it wasn't the pratrician with that sword, there could have been a nasty accident!
wayneinsweden

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:34 pm

:lol: You could be right!

Welcome to the site wayneinsweden! :wink:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby zeri667 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Congratulations, Sir Terry. And best wishes...

Oook oook...
zeri667

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:17 pm

And oook to you too zeri667! :lol: Welcome!
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby DivingBudgie » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am

Catch-up wrote:Yep, from Colin and Alan. :D And most definitely a masterpiece. I love it!

It is a little bit more than the Laernu stamps, but I can certainly see why. There's a little bit in the description about that too.

Just wanted to ask if people thought they were worth the price for me it is going to be close to Aus$70 by the time the postage is added.
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison
DivingBudgie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:38 am

DivingBudgie wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Yep, from Colin and Alan. :D And most definitely a masterpiece. I love it!

It is a little bit more than the Laernu stamps, but I can certainly see why. There's a little bit in the description about that too.

Just wanted to ask if people thought they were worth the price for me it is going to be close to Aus$70 by the time the postage is added.
It depends on whether you collect 'Cinderella' stamps. If you are a collector and a collector of Colin and Alan's work, or you want this special edition to celebrate Terry's knighthood, then it may well be worth it. I know there seems to be a lot of interest on the Cunning Artificer's Stamp Forum. :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Ignorance

Postby Treekeeper » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Please forgive my ignorance is the cunning articifer another website?
Treekeeper

Re: Ignorance

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Treekeeper wrote:Please forgive my ignorance is the cunning articifer another website?
Sorry, I tend to forget that people don't visit the same places as I do. :oops:

The Cunning Artificer forum is owned by Bernard Pearson (who was in the recent Alzheimer documentary) and it's the home of Discworld Stamps and lots of other lovely merchandise. :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:44 pm

I think that this is about time! I was shocked when I found out, personally I am proud for him, it could not have been given to a better human being!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Catch-up » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:16 pm

DivingBudgie wrote:

Definitely take into consideration what your budget is for these kinds of things. I try to set a limit and stick to it.

This one was a must have for me because I have all of the Discworld stamps that Colin Edwards and Alan Batley created (which is a huge majority of all the DW stamps created), along with most of their non-Discworld stamps.

One thing I can tell you is that their products are of the best quality! Their designs are incredibly detailed and well thought out. The illustrations are incredible. I have never, ever been disappointed. :D
Catch-up

Previous

Return to Terry Pratchett