Messiah ~ An Xmas game for pagans and atheists everywhere

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:08 pm

You did - they went on strike at midnight 'cos of the Imperialist road blocks got on their nerves. Sorry :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Can we take the bus instead? :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:08 pm

No - you have to imagine it's only a few minutes - :shock: I can't do everything around here y'know.

If Morty doesn't yap too much after gardening duty then I might do 2 updates today but only if everyone behaves :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:34 pm

I reckon it's fixed and there's going to be a dead heat. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:00 pm

We'll see if you land on Limbo too shall we? :roll: The bonus roll on that one wins the game... :P

Looks like Sabrina's going to have to walk the long way in with no Braxton Hicks - if I start fixing things! :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:46 pm

No 6s for anyone at all this time... :roll:

Dorien ~ 5
Sabrina ~ You managed to scrape your 5 shekels and throw 4 to head off to the stables

Ruth ~ a 3 this time. :roll:
Miriam ~ missing a turn
Sharon ~ onto the next and final gold point!
Lilith ~ missing a turn

No more hotels rooms left in Bethlehem... third Inn closed altogether... timely breaking of the waters.... :roll:

Sharon - blimey you're onna roll atm you lucky madonna! The landlord, moved by pity, lets you use one of the stable stalls in the Chariot Park at a rock bottom price! Throw again

Which leaves us something like this... :-p

Ruth ~ still needs to throw a 6... blah blah blah :lol:
Sharon ~ 1 bonus space this next round

There will be an additional round put on some time after midnight today as I may not be in a state to do one later on tomorrow ;-)

updated as of 17:45 on 23/12/2010
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:41 pm

How about the trains, are they still going? Or is it snowing here too? :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:54 pm

And it came upon a midnight clear that a travelling spaceman unknown to posterity save by 2 cryptic runes (which for narrativum purposes will not yet be revealed), exited from the hyperspace ring road and headed to a small blue-green planet at the unfashionable spiral end of a Galaxy known to the indigenous mammalian species (who were loosely sentient but only just!) as the Milky Way. The interspatial craft streaked to a small settlement, somewhere over the region of Judea and glided into a landing pattern over the Bethlehem Chariot Park and stable Block around the wee small hours. The (still) unknown entity found there a wondrous sight - well it was mildly interesting from a socio-political basis in that it was positively the very worst place a Messiah ought to get himself born (or herself as Messiahing is an equal opportunities profession) on this forsaken and backward piece of rock...

Someone's got a 6 this time and I'll tell you who is was in just a mo'... :-P *drumroll*
It was Dorien! ~ 6 to get her onto the #V gold point!
Sabrina ~ 5

Ruth ~ a 2 this time. Sorry - it's just not your day is it? :-P
Miriam ~ 1
Sharon ~ 1 bonus space + 5
Lilith ~ 4

... and as the entity who shall now be revealed (for it is timely) by the runic characters PC finally placed his craft in geo-stationary orbit, flicked the cloaking device on and, training the sensors on the lowly stall, he observed a man named Joseph and his spouse.... Sabrina - she of the hue that is not really purple, but a kind of darkish shocking pink or fuchsia, looking down, rather stunned, at a newborn male-child wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid upon the straw in a manger. "Bloody hell, what a dump!" quoth the entity. "Well that's today's obs mission seen to Dot-C," he spoke nonchalantly to his pleasure-droid, "fancy a bunk up before we get back to the Kármán Line?"

But what about all the other 5 decoy madonnas I hear you ask? Well as they'd been such good sports and led the forces of evil (who were possibly Klingons or maybe Cardassians...) a merry dance for 9 whole months, the Angel Gabriel met them all at convenient points and whisked them all off in a trice (which is a kind of fishing net or something) to a swish boutique nursing home in one of the better resorts on the eastern shores of the Red Sea with infinity birthing pools, plenty of sherbet, manna from heaven and for the Josephs, access all areas tickets to a Carpenters Convention in the hotel next door where they did a sh*t-load of networking; decided to merge and form a company - Nazareth Joes' Builders Merchants; made tons of contracts and all became shekel millionaires in seven years...

You want to know what happened to Mary (formerly k/as Sabrina), Joseph and Baby Jesus as well? :shock: Well just because the kid's a Messiah this doesn't mean an easy ride as Mummy and Daddy OK? :roll: Right! :lol: Of course they got their free flight to Egypt as promised - the donkey got a month's lay off in Bethlehem and was quite pleased to be moving to warmer climes because the Judean winter was playing merry hell with his rheumatism. The rest you can look up in some torrid pot-boiler that a few people wrote some time or other much later on - I don't know what it was called! :evil: What Jesus Did Next? My Life and Times as a Proto-Hippy? The Rough Guide to 40 days and nights in some Desert? :roll: Look it it up on Wikipedia - it's Crimblemass and I demand a pint of Baileys! :-D

updated as of 22:30 GMT on 24/12/2010 (which is well past 24:00 25/12/2010 in Israel! :twisted:)

Ner-ner-ner-ner ~ ner-ner-ner ~ ner-ner-ner etc 8)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:09 am

8) 8) 8)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:32 am

So Pooh is the mother of the messiah? :shock:

He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy :wink:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:37 pm

:lol: So reliable you lad-ies

Air-Imageies to you both :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:54 pm

It's been a thrilling ride, Jan!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:13 am

Right... What did i miss?

POOH gave birth to Jesus????? Poor lil kid.... no wonder he ran away from home and wandered around trying to find someone to listen to him for years.

And the rest of us got put up in a resort, formed a conglomerate and we are all fithy rich huh? Go us!!!! Do I find out who's sprog this is?
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:22 am

deldaisy wrote:POOH gave birth to Jesus?????

:shock:
:lol:
The whole game was worth it, just for this :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby deldaisy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:36 am

CrysaniaMajere wrote:
deldaisy wrote:POOH gave birth to Jesus?????

:shock:
:lol:
The whole game was worth it, just for this :lol:

Oh yeahhhhhhhhh! With Joseph beside Pooh going "Just BREATH Pooh Darling! No we don't have any painkillers..... here ... Bite down on this piece of straw and BREATH! Pant! yes thats it... whoo! whoo! whoo! whoo! whoo! whoo! now PUUUUUUUSH! Jesus? Is that what you keep saying? Oh jesus? Yes dearest its a good name but stop screaming it out over and over again... I heard you the first time.... PUUUUUUSH!"
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to Games