Announcement of a Discworld-themed game of Assassins...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Announcement of a Discworld-themed game of Assassins...

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Don't know what a game of Assassins is? Come and find out HERE

You're welcome to post in here if you want but really this is just an ad for
the sign-up thread
which will (hopefully) explain all... :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:00 pm

*bumps*

1st teaser now up on who's in the frame... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:19 pm

*bumps again*

Well we now have some players and details of a Watch member who'll be hunting down the freelance Assassins - come and find out what might be in store! :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:14 pm

*and yet another bump!* :evil:

We 'know' who our killers are and one of the Watch members assigned to the hunt - come over to the Games forum to find out more.

If you're a roleplay abstainer or phobic then put your qualms away for this - this is more like forum Cluedo and you won't be asked to play anyone but yourself. As Narrator I just feed you the story as we go and the players who have a role to 'play' simply have to chose another player to either kill, protect or investigate at certain times - you keep own identity throughout and people just have to guess (with prejudice) if you're secretly controlling the assassins (or if you're a cop) :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:44 pm

If only to stop you bumping yourself to death Jan, I'll volunteer. :lol:

I don't normally play games, but you are putting a lot of work into this and I'd hate to see that going to waste.

Now come on guys! Anyone else. This poor woman is black and blue! :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 pm

The sign-up thread is still open as I've had 2 more expressions of interest in as many days - see HERE.

If we do get some more sign-ups in not too distant future I'll PM those already on the list and see about getting this game going :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:52 pm

do you need a joystick to play or is it point and click. :?:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:30 am

:lol: Nope - is just posting and played roughly like Cluedo more or less - I feed you the info in story form and you all have to eliminate other players from your suspect list or try to evade capture. :)
Some of the players are given assassin profiles and all that means is they vote for someone (by PM to me) to be killed at certain points and the rest of the players try to stop the assassins by voting for them to be slung into gaol at certain times - all the info on how to play is in the Games forum (linkie at the top of this page ) :wink:

It does need the players to post reasonably frequently but that can be tweaked around if necessary - usally it's daily posts for the actual players but we can stretch that without too much trouble I think and we can have several ways to participate as well - just go have a look in the sign-up thread :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:39 am

Okey docky will do, not played any games for about two years. :roll:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Well folks - we've had some more interest lately so this hasn't gone away yet.

Come and have a look HERE

and find out who might also be helping us to find the cold-blooded assassins who are out to eliminate leading members of our fair city's Guilds :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Return to The Broken Drum