Favorite group poll

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Favorite group poll

Postby MongoGutman » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:37 am

Lets see where you really stand - no if and buts and "these oh and him/her from there"s

The Wizards of UU
The City Guard
The Witches
Tiffany and the Nan Mac Feegle
Death & Co
Moist Von Lipwig & Co
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
User avatar
MongoGutman
Member
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:29 pm
Location: London UK

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 am

I'm 50/50 with the Wizards and the Watch.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 11990
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Postby pip » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 am

I'd go 50/50 between the watch and Death.
We're a decisive bunch so we are :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9383
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby DaveC » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:I'm 50/50 with the Wizards and the Watch.


I'm 50/50 with the Witches and the rest!

(Keep that avatar Bouncy, it's the best.)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby Quatermass » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:42 am

I would choose Moist von Lipwig, but there's only been the two books, so I'll choose Death and company.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5623
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:25 am

Call me Mr Obvious but the Moist & Co group means all the one-offs that weren't parts of the other groups ie; Pyramids, Small Gods, Maurice etc. :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Quatermass » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:36 am

poohcarrot wrote:Call me Mr Obvious but the Moist & Co group means all the one-offs that weren't parts of the other groups ie; Pyramids, Small Gods, Maurice etc. :P


Okay Mr Obvious, but Pyramids, Small Gods, and The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents weren't amongst my favourites. So my decision is still justified, if not even more so.

EDIT: Oh, and Monstrous Regiment.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5623
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby pip » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 am

poohcarrot wrote:Call me Mr Obvious but the Moist & Co group means all the one-offs that weren't parts of the other groups ie; Pyramids, Small Gods, Maurice etc. :P


Its hard to count Pyramids anywhere as its not very good :lol: :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9383
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby DaveC » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:58 am

pip wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Call me Mr Obvious but the Moist & Co group means all the one-offs that weren't parts of the other groups ie; Pyramids, Small Gods, Maurice etc. :P


Its hard to count Pyramids anywhere as its not very good :lol: :lol:


:roll:
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby pip » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:04 pm

DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Call me Mr Obvious but the Moist & Co group means all the one-offs that weren't parts of the other groups ie; Pyramids, Small Gods, Maurice etc. :P


Its hard to count Pyramids anywhere as its not very good :lol: :lol:


:roll:


Probably shouldn't antagonise Pooh on his bithday :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9383
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Feel free to antagonise me anytime you like. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby pip » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Sounds dangerous :? :?
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9383
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:27 pm

I LIKE Pyramids.

So there.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 11990
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Postby pip » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:31 pm

Me too but I just wanted to get Pooh off on a rant
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9383
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:56 pm

:roll: Pyramids is the first of the 'deep' philosophy books and if nothing else deserves respect because it's the first proper and purposeful exploration of the Wrong Trouser Legs of Time (although Terry might not have said it 1st in there for the quote-nerds the theory's self-evident) :twisted:

I love to hate agreeing with pooh! :oops: :lol:

No dithering for me it has to be the Witches on the basis that they're the most powerful and above all sensible people on the Disc. I like the Watch as much really, but they don't have Greebo (which is why they have the edge - even though I really love Gaspode regrettably he can't change his morphic field)... :wink:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10536
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Next

Return to Discworld novels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests