The all new TOTALLY REVAMPED (much more tricky) quote game!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The all new TOTALLY REVAMPED (much more tricky) quote game!

Postby bikkit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Soooo.....

I declare this thread open!

Which one of these are not pratchett quotes? (Good omens, ect included)

Bonus if you know which books the non-imposters (what's the opposite of imposter :oops: ) are from.

once you guess them -----> Post your own

Theme: Life, death and health and safety

1. "It's true, it's called living"
2. "The pen is very sharp"
3. "A fish!"
4. "But, my dear man, the world appears to be ending"
5. "even those members of it who are dead"
6. "Ngk"
7. "Thud. Splat"
7a. "glaim gis oteg in der gaing og der"
9. "Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down"
10."Look out, he's got a gnu!"
11. "like a homocidal hatrick"

GO

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby deldaisy » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Thank GOD! Finally a quiz I know all the answers to:

1. "It's true, it's called living" Wot I said to the ex when I suggested we might try going OUT to dinner or dancing once a year.

2. "The pen is very sharp" Wot he said when I shoved a Stabilo in his left eye.

3. "A fish!" Wot he exclaimed when I dropped a non-breathing (ie: DEAD) trout down his pants as a subtle hint towards his sexual prowess.

4. "But, my dear man, the world appears to be ending" Last thing wot he heard.

5. "even those members of it who are dead" Wot I said.. pointing... you know.. down there...

6. "Ngk" Wot he said as I hit him over the head with the aforementioned trout as he stood at the top of the stairs.

7. "Thud. Splat" Sound wot he made going down the stairs after being hit over the head at the top of the stairs.

7a. "glaim gis oteg in der gaing og der" The sound of his sad sad little voice muffled through the gag I had made of knotted pairs of his grungy undies as he pleaded for mercy.

9. "Death was Nature's way of telling you to slow down" Wot he heard me calling after him as he tried to make a run for it.

10."Look out, he's got a gnu!" Misquoted! It was in fact "Look out SHE'S got a gnu!" So dumb he wouldn't know a gun from a gnu if the gnu bit him on the arse.

11. "like a homocidal hatrick" After much banging of the gavel and calling "Order! Order!" to quell the riotous applause of the court gallery, wot the judge said to me when giving me a "good behaviour bond" for the mysterious and sudden demise of my ex, his satanic mother, and the trout. (I liked that trout)
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby bikkit » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Pppfftttt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:47 am

:lol: I'm lol too :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Quatermass » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:36 pm

I have no idea which one isn't Pratchett. I'm going to take a punt, though I am wrong probably, with 6. That sounds like one of the many vocal noises Rorschach makes in Watchmen.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:40 pm

Why is there a 7a. but NO 8? Do you have something against 8 bikkit? Is this something that should be under "My Dirty Little Secret" thread? You hate 8?Image
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:42 pm

deldaisy wrote:Why is there a 7a. but NO 8? Do you have something against 8 bikkit? Is this something that should be under "My Dirty Little Secret" thread? You hate 8?Image

Haven't you ever read The Colour of Magic? Basically, wizards saying the word '8' is like an actor quoting Macbeth: it's something that they would avoid, if possible.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:50 pm

Quatermass wrote:
deldaisy wrote:Why is there a 7a. but NO 8? Do you have something against 8 bikkit? Is this something that should be under "My Dirty Little Secret" thread? You hate 8?Image

Haven't you ever read The Colour of Magic? Basically, wizards saying the word '8' is like an actor quoting Macbeth: it's something that they would avoid, if possible.

Its been a while quatermass... thanks.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:53 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Its been a while quatermass... thanks.

Sorry, I'm just an opinionated little piece of excrement when it comes to people forgetting things that should be blatantly obvious.

Quatermass

Postby madam » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:33 pm

i think its no:10 its a little too obviously pratchett to be pratchett if you know what i mean. of course i could be wrong.
madam

Postby bikkit » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Number six is a actually genuine pratchett:

- "ALL YOU CAN HOPE FOR IS THE MERCY OF HELL."
- "Yeah?"
- "JUST OUR LITTLE JOKE."
- "Ngk," said Crowley.

bikkit

Postby Quatermass » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:42 am

bikkit wrote:Number six is a actually genuine pratchett:

- "ALL YOU CAN HOPE FOR IS THE MERCY OF HELL."
- "Yeah?"
- "JUST OUR LITTLE JOKE."
- "Ngk," said Crowley.

Sorry, I'm yet to read Good Omens, even though I have a copy sitting on the bookshelf.

Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:30 am

I say no: 4 is NOT a DW quote..... no idea why just a "feeling"
deldaisy

Postby fuzzleg » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:17 am

I'm going to go for number 1
Because I can't remember any reference to Hell.
And Death usually say something along the lines of "THERE IS NO JUSTICE, ONLY ME"? or something like that?
fuzzleg

Postby fuzzleg » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:18 am

I'm going to go for number 1
Because I can't remember any reference to Hell.
And Death usually says something along the lines of "THERE IS NO JUSTICE, ONLY ME"? or something like that?
fuzzleg

Next

Return to Games