What Would You Like To See?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby bogieman » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:08 pm

I have to admit to a liking of the watch stories and would like to see a progression of the watch and perhaps the underworld with Crysopraise and dibbler in the background.
bogieman

Postby Ogg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:21 pm

I often wonder how many more books we'll get the chance to read but I'd love to find closure within the Tiffany Aching story arc, Carrot and Angua to finally marry, Nobby to find his soul mate (!) and perhaps Rincewind too (but that would involve potatoes obviously)...
Sir Terry takes us along for such a ride with such narratively satisfying results (Vimes birth of his son for example), I've often thought how fitting it would be to release one final book that perhaps unites all the major DW characters..some global (discal?) catastrophe like global warming or the credit crunch perhaps. Now that would be satisfying! :)
"Without music, life would be a mistake" Nietzsche
Ogg

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Hmmm... on the idea of a disc-wide catastrophe we have of course already had one in The Light Fantastic with Great A'tuin's trekking back to the cosmic 'birthing beach' to make sure the bairns got off to a proper start...? :twisted:

Do you see where I'm going with this? Perhaps it's time that a young(ish) Astral Chelonian's thoughts could turn to spring and getting jiggy again...? :P So we come at this from the other and potentially more earth-moving and shaking perspective (ever seen giant tortoises going at it? :lol: )
Which perhaps could combine with someone suitable (CMOT perhaps as he's long overdue another leading role) setting up a lonely hearts agency - maybe with Mrs. Palm... 8) - so lurve is in the air all over? :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:12 pm

When Rincewind and Twoflower were at the Rim they looked down and saw areas where marooned seamen were apparently living. It would be nice to find out more about them. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Yes, thank you Tony, I did sort of think that was the answer. Shame!
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

What would I like to see?

Postby Sam » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:10 pm

I would like to see a book called

Where Igors Dare

or

The Igor has Landed.

More about Vimes and the Watch, please.
Sam

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:22 pm

welcome to the site sam :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Re: What would I like to see?

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:52 pm

Sam wrote:I would like to see a book called

Where Igors Dare

or

The Igor has Landed.

More about Vimes and the Watch, please.
:lol: Welcome Sam.
Tonyblack

Postby Sam » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm

Thank you for your welcomes! :D
Sam

Postby Sam » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:02 pm

Someone (Cutflower, sponsored by CMOT) should open an Agatean restaurant in Ankh-Morpork called either 'Noodle in a Haystack' or 'Have I Got Noodles For You.' Chop Suey inna bun?
Absolutely everything inna bun, including a bun. Kernow bys vyken!
Sam

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:56 pm

I concur, it is about time Carrot and Angua got married.

The death of Vetinari - unless he is a Vampire, or he comes back as a Zombie thus taking that Zombie lawyer of his perch.

Sally and Otto to get together.

Perhaps we can see a parody of the Eurovision Song Contest too, as that seems like a too good an opportunity to pass up. :twisted:

And, perhaps Vetinari has a child... I'd love to see what Ankh Morpork would make of the straightest politician having a dark secret after all!

Oh, and who can forget Foul Ole Ron. He's got to have a book all to himself.

Oh there is so many! What about television? Do the citizens of DW have television yet or trains?
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:17 am

Having just finished "Once more with footnotes", I loved the short discworld stories. What I'd like to see is a book of short stories based on where are they now/what are they doing Discworld characters. For example Twoflower, Esk (in Tiffany's next book), Imp y Celyn, Victor (MP) etc etc.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:31 am

poohbcarrot wrote:Having just finished "Once more with footnotes", I loved the short discworld stories. What I'd like to see is a book of short stories based on where are they now/what are they doing Discworld characters. For example Twoflower, Esk (in Tiffany's next book), Imp y Celyn, Victor (MP) etc etc.
Terry has stated that Esk will be in his next book. :)
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:32 pm

I read this thread so knew about Esk in the next Tiffany book - that's why I put the bit in brackets. It was an example of an old character that we don't know what happened to.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:58 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:I read this thread so knew about Esk in the next Tiffany book - that's why I put the bit in brackets. It was an example of an old character that we don't know what happened to.
Doh! :oops: I don't know how I didn't see that when I responded to your post. Sorry. :oops:

I can only blame the fact that I was posting 'BC' - Before Coffee. :D
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels