Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Have you read/heard of this series?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes : 17

Postby Jane » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:22 pm

On the Jonathan Stroud's official "fan Q&A" bit, I think he said that he made what happened to Queezle vague so that readers could choose their own ending. Coz it would be mean to just kill her off like that. :(

Kitty calls him out for being "petty, heartless, and vain", and Nat goes "I'm not vain, just well turned out. Presentation's important!" I see his priorities have changed. Yeah, it's nice that Bart made fun of his "tent in a pocket" and "greasy waterfall hair", because Nat's sudden change to a bit fat douche would have made the book hard to read. People can't really relate to meanie protagonist.
The rumour spread through the city like: ______.
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby mystmoon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 pm

to be fair, Bartimaeus takes the p*** out of everyones appearance except his own, so it's fun wheen he becomes the object of ridicule once in a while.
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Jane » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:03 am

I love it when all the spirits go "Who's Bartimaeus?" when he announces that he is "N'Gorso the Mighty, Sakhr al-Jinni" and all that. :D Farquarl likes to do that to Bart, and it makes me go *squee!* when they try to out banter each other.

Gosh I love Bart. And Ptolemy.
They are soooooo cute! Am I the only one who envisions Ptolemy as a skinny bald kid? Everyone else draws him with a bob.
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby mystmoon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:26 pm

Bartimaeus says he's a scribe (or looks like one) so sorry Jane, but I think he was wearing one of those bob wigs, but he's probably bald underneath. I keep picturing him with one of those side plaits like in Prince of Egypt, but I know he wouldn't have one of those

Love the pic btw!
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Jane » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:38 pm

I googled that, and those wigs look horrible. :( Ptolemy was half Greek, and I think the book had him with "tousled hair", but then it said that he had a "pale lamb's throat", so I think it's all up to personal interpretation.
:?

The fanonical majority has him with a dark blue bob cut, like the kind Victoria Beckham had. Sort of a more dramatic version of Moses' wig. 0___0 That's how they draw Bart, and he is the exact copy of Ptolemy.
Yeah, Ramses (and his kid) had the weird little side ponytail thing! I considered doing that, but then chose total baldness. :P
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby mystmoon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:03 pm

I think I'm going to have to read Ptolemy's Gate again, because I've completely forgotton most of the descriptions of Ptolemy. Argh, but it's at home and I'm at uni :( ah, well, will just read Ring of Solomon again
btw, i liked the full picture that that ^^ was from, are you going to post it in the fanart thread?
EDIT ignore that, just found it :roll: jumping the gun again
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby Jane » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Most of the description says that he's a skinny handsome dark kid with a few moles and scar, but there's very very little about hair, except for the one line about it being tousled. :(

Ring of Solomon makes me want to draw his young Sumerian man guise, in all his well muscled, amethyst decorated prettiness. :D

Yay, late post!
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby mystmoon » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Late post? I'm amazed at your speed!

Draw it, draw it! I would, but I suck at drawing muscles and I've been suckered into doing this Circle Line OC thing on devART so no time!
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby Jane » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:57 pm

I might do that, after finishing something I'm working on right now. I got suckered into participating in a "canon couples" art gallery function thingy. I'm not too sure what it is. :?

Have you heard of this series? It's the Old Kingdom Trilogy (Or Abhorsen Trilogy, depending on where you live) by Garth Nix.

What's a circle line OC? Is it some sort of art meme thing?
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books