China Mieville

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

China Mieville

Postby Antiq » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:22 pm

I have recently read The Iron Council and The City and the City, and loved them both. I wondered if any of you guys have read him, and what do you think? If you haven't I recommend giving him a go :D
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby nickinwestwales » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:29 am

Absolutely bloody brilliant-started with Perdido Street station (read it soon-its the best) and swiftly moved onto the rest-lent it to my brother in law and he bought all the rest on the strength of the first 3 chapters-highly recommended
ATB
Nick
nickinwestwales

Postby Antiq » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Reading it now. My favourite so far still is Iron Council, but yeah, what an amazingly creative and - even harder to find - original writer!
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Postby Danny B » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:34 pm

He's amazing. I don't think there's a more exciting writer in the fantasy scene at the moment. A genuinely stellar talent and, incredibly, he's actually getting better with each passing novel, unlike a lot of young writers who arrive in a blaze of glory and then fade into mediocrity.
Carpe carpio*

* Correction - Carpio diem
Danny B

Postby high eight » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:59 pm

The City and the City is a work of twisted genius - I read it nearly a year ago and scenes from it still sometimes drift across my conciousness unbidden. I'm just about to start Kraken.
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby chris.ph » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:55 pm

read a couple a very good but quite twisted author
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Return to Non-Discworld books