How to blow a grand.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:30 am

The 1996 Diary?
What's that?

Oh, and what's the crack with the Guards Guards Graphic novel in HB which I believe only 1500 were made?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:39 am

Lol sorry just kiddin no 1996 diary as to the guards guards Hb yes only 1500 produced all 1st edition no reprints in that format (HB) if my memory serves me correct they never produce many graphics because they believe its a limited market :shock: but its that Ltd when they did The Last Hero special edition (2000) copies 1st edition, they decided to produce another 2000 1st edition copies afterwards which really should have been 2nd edition but i suppose they did that as the 1st lot sold out from pre orders before they hit the shelves, anyway for some reason they havent offically published that fact so remember when you see people selling them there are in fact 4000 1st edition copies not 2000 :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am

Thanks.
But how much is a reasonable price for the Guards Guards?
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:19 pm

ive seen loads go for a tenner some less some alot more but i reckon a fair price etc etc etc is £20.00 after all if you by a new book now thats what your going to pay.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:30 pm

The_Discworldaholic wrote:ive seen loads go for a tenner some less some alot more but i reckon a fair price etc etc etc is £20.00 after all if you by a new book now thats what your going to pay.
Is that all for the hardback first edition of the graphic novel? :shock:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Cheers once again Discworldaholic.

My apologies if I keep asking you questions, but I completely trust what you say. Your comment about the US bookclub com ed put me off buying it and your comment about the Diaries was spot on.

The guy's asking 25 pounds for GG, so that seems to be reasonable.

I've already got the Mort comic signed by TP and Graham Higgins (plus little drawing) so I reckon the two together would be quite a unique set.

PS I already bought a Last Hero FE about 5 years ago (or whenever it came out)

PPS I vaguely remember about 6 years ago there was an Discworld FDC signed by TP JK PK on ebay. I bid about 50 pounds but didn't win it. I can't remember how much it went for. Do you know what I'm talking about?
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:11 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
The_Discworldaholic wrote:ive seen loads go for a tenner some less some alot more but i reckon a fair price etc etc etc is £20.00 after all if you by a new book now thats what your going to pay.
Is that all for the hardback first edition of the graphic novel? :shock:

Yep for some reason its never been as popular as ie Eric dunno why cause theyre as good as each other, but thats just the way sometimes.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:24 pm

I think i do know which FDc your on about, it was the c s lewis stamps i think but i could be wrong either way im sure it was a fantasy set and they do appear on ebay from time to time, also of note the bath postal museum did a set which he signed. These two are real world stamps, then obviously you get the fdc which came with going postal and then the diascworldstamps ones from the cunning artificer.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:26 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:Cheers once again Discworldaholic.

My apologies if I keep asking you questions, but I completely trust what you say. Your comment about the US bookclub com ed put me off buying it and your comment about the Diaries was spot on.

The guy's asking 25 pounds for GG, so that seems to be reasonable.

I've already got the Mort comic signed by TP and Graham Higgins (plus little drawing) so I reckon the two together would be quite a unique set.

PS I already bought a Last Hero FE about 5 years ago (or whenever it came out)

PPS I vaguely remember about 6 years ago there was an Discworld FDC signed by TP JK PK on ebay. I bid about 50 pounds but didn't win it. I can't remember how much it went for. Do you know what I'm talking about?

No problems ask anything you want i'll always try to help you or anyone else that needs it, might as well put my knolledge to some use except my own :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:12 am

Next question.

1992 Light Fantastic Innovation comics set of 4 (also COM). What are they and are they TP approved?
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:41 pm

Theyre comics and yes :lol: :lol: no seriously theyre four comics from as you rightly said inovation COM produced 1991 and LF 1992 dont know what else i can tell you about them really oh they were turned into graphic Pb 4 into 1 books (both) COM in 1992 and LF 1993, artwork was by Steven Ross and Joe Bennet.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Thanks again.
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby chris.ph » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:00 pm

blinkin heck disc your knowledge of the publications is uncanny :lol:
dont work for the publishers do u :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:37 pm

no ive just been collecting for a few years so ive made it my purpose to find out as much as i can, handy having afew insider links in the publishing houses :) plus ive been dealing books for more years than i care to rememeber so that helps enormously. I like to think theres nothing i dont really know about the publications, but saying that if i dont know i will go all out to find the answer.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby chris.ph » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:26 pm

swot :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum