Twilight books, why?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm

pip wrote:Girlfriend (a teacher) read these to have an idea of what the Kids are on about and was shocked by the message the book sends to young girls of obsession, bullying , and mentally abusive partners. The need for the central charachter to change to suit a crush and the pointlessness of life without him.
The whole shining Knight fantasy has morphed into something dangerous and bland.

Her opinion, not mine but interesting

I have a 15 year old who has a 6 ft Twilight poster on her wall. :shock:
The 23 year old badgers her about the negitive messages it sends to girls, (add paedophilia to the list). One point of view was that the movies were made with bland faced actors to that teens could "transfer their own faces" onto the actors and "become" them. My teen rolls her eyes at us :roll: and says "Oh for crying out loud! Its JUST a movie!"

[/img]
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:17 pm

Jedward have claimed that their dream movie roles would be in the Twilight franchise.

The Irish twins said that they were keen to pursue acting opportunities in the future and that the vampire movies would be ideally suited to them.

"I'd like to do a movie that nobody expected us to do. I'd love to do something in Twilight," Edward told DS. "How cool would that be? I think I'd be a vampire because you get to bite people and have loads of fun... John could be a werewolf!"

The X Factor star also said that the duo were keen to work on more TV projects following the success of their fly-on-the-wall series Jedward: Let Loose

"We were talking to Jermaine Jackson at The X Factor about it recently, because he did the whole TV and music thing when he was younger with the Jackson 5 Variety Show," he said. "We've had meetings in LA and we've got loads of cool ideas and it would be cool if Jedward: Let Loose was recommissioned or if we did another TV programme."

Speaking about plans for the follow-up to their Planet Jedward album, Edward added: "At the moment [we're] coming up with songs and stuff. We're talking to some songwriters, one guy who wrote tracks for Westlife and with Dizzee Rascal - he's got a great interest in working with us.

"With the whole music thing it would be really cool to work on album with all our own stuff. It was really cool that we got to do all the cool covers, but right now me and John, we'd like to get together five songs that people enjoy."

Even more reason to run a mile from the movies! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:22 pm

They have made an offical complaint about security searches at Heathrow where they were asked to take off their trousers, saying they are being humiliated every time they travel through. [url=http://www.myemoticons.com/][img]http://www.myemoticons.com/images/humor/embarrassed/empty-pockets.gif
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:32 am

Erm. Not quite sure what that's supposed to be showing me, Dug.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:12 am

I think it was supposed to be a smiley :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:26 am

This one Image
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 am

Ahhh.

I would have thought that just being Jedward would be humiliating enough.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:58 am

I see that did not work out quite right. :( new site I was trying out. :shock:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:44 pm

I tried that site from your link and couldn't get it to work either Dug. :?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 pm

It had some unnecessary code in it that's all

http://www.myemoticons.com/images/humor/embarrassed/empty-pockets.gif border="0" alt="empty-pockets" title="empty-pockets

Green bold is where it should have stopped - red is all about sizing and a file description and it consequently wrecked the link as BB codes (for forums) don't understand it.... :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:55 pm

I will edit the post to see if that works Jan, but that changes the meaning of the subsequent posts after. :) Edit no it did'nt. :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:26 pm

On behalf of the Irish race I apologise profusely for unleashing both Jedward and Louis Walsh(no relation) on the world. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Oh.

So it's YOUR FAULT?

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:55 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Run away run away
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby deldaisy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm

pip wrote::oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Run away run away

Pitchforks! Pitchforks! Flaming Torches! Get 'em while they're 'ot! A pound a pitchfork! 'urry! 'urry! Miscellaneous sharp instruments for proddin'! Pitchforks!
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books