You learn something new each day.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:47 pm

Image Image Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:00 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire! :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D Admit it.. you cringed a little. Oddly enough Pooh... this isn't TOP in my list of "Tales of Del's Dates Gone Wrong" though its way up there. I have been asked to tell the tale once or twice when the subject of hair removal comes up among friends.... "Tell them about the Veet guy! Tell them about the Veet guy!" (howls of laughter) My friends have no pity. I wonder if HE ever repeats the tale over a casual dinner party?
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:04 pm

Batty wrote:Image Image Image

Well may you LAUGH! Mate... he had a BOAT!... a really BIG BOAT! He fished! Deep sea! (I used to LOVE deep sea fishing) He was gorgeous! And WOW! ... was HE a manly-man! ... no wait.... oh yeah... that was the swelling... nevermind nevermind.
deldaisy

Postby Dotsie » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:05 pm

deldaisy wrote: I have been asked to tell the tale once or twice when the subject of hair removal comes up among friends.... "Tell them about the Veet guy! Tell them about the Veet guy!" (howls of laughter) My friends have no pity.

I'm sure it was a complete coincidence that he moved to another country... but well, maybe... no, never mind.

On reflection, maybe it was a good thing :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Dotsie wrote:
deldaisy wrote: I have been asked to tell the tale once or twice when the subject of hair removal comes up among friends.... "Tell them about the Veet guy! Tell them about the Veet guy!" (howls of laughter) My friends have no pity.

I'm sure it was a complete coincidence that he moved to another country... but well, maybe... no, never mind.

On reflection, maybe it was a good thing :lol:

Yeah... I mean IF it had worked out.... he would have lived in fear of the night I told his family and close personal friends about "that night" (and hell yeah I would have! :twisted: )

Talking about "on reflection...." just between you and me Dotsie... at "optimum swelling size", they were SO smooth and SO shiney I actually DID catch a glimpse of my refection at one point. :shock: scarey
deldaisy

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:51 pm

:lol: Great story Del! :lol:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:07 pm

OMG :D :D

It certainly beats my nightmare worst date which was also as you so succinctly put it "that" date. Must be something about concentrating too much on making things just right you just miss something that in hindsight was perfectly obvious.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Oh yeah, I can just imagine. lmao, it does bring up some very interesting thoughts tho.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby deldaisy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh now I'm curious Mad.... and Tina.
deldaisy

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Well as I said it was "that" date, the one where things were going to get serious. I booked a table at a really good restaurant, this was in the days when you found places that still did "romantic candlelit dinners" and things were going well. The food was fantastic and the wine excellent which was getting things into the right ambience and we were both really enjoying the meal and each others company and then my partner reached forward towards me so I did the same, we touched
All good so far isn't it?
unfortunately I had neglected to pay attention to exactly where the candle was and leaning forwards set fire to my hair :roll: :roll: Now it may just be me but the romantic moment was lost as I desperately tried to put out the flames on my head and that awful smell you get from burning hair; we were also attacting attention from other tables (a most un-English state of affairs). We left soon afterwards with me dealing with melted hair and a singed scalp and my partner in hysterics.

Appropriately the relationship fizzled out soon afterwards :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby deldaisy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:29 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
So THATS why you wear the hat huh? :D :D :D :D :D
At least YOUR date was laughing....

And your head didn't swell up....
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:58 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote::lol: Great story Del! :lol:

Oh yeah... great story.... thats 15 hours of my life I will never get back. :)
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:58 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:... unfortunately I had neglected to pay attention to exactly where the candle was and leaning forwards set fire to my hair :roll: :roll: Now it may just be me but the romantic moment was lost as I desperately tried to put out the flames on my head and that awful smell you get from burning hair; we were also attacting attention from other tables (a most un-English state of affairs). We left soon afterwards with me dealing with melted hair and a singed scalp and my partner in hysterics.

Appropriately the relationship fizzled out soon afterwards :roll:

Does she now refer to you as her old flame??Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:02 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Well I went into hospital once for an op on my upper body and woke up with my leg shaved not mention a bloody big zip that went from chest to below navel they took the scenic route round the belly button. :roll: :)

Did you shave the other leg to match Dug?????
NO! It was my Thigh but they could not tell me why it was shaved maybe they had the instructions upside down. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum