Renewals, ratings and possible cancellations

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby pip » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:10 am

poohcarrot wrote:But if you've got two minds and had two computers you could post twice as much twaddle. :lol:

Me , Twaddle , Never :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:46 am

ghostsecurity28 wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:Medium is on S7, and the network might get it in the neck for cancelling Ghost Whisperer instead of Medium!!

I liked ghost whisperer but the child conundrum and death of hubby [then making his spirit enter another man]killed it slightly, they should of remained true to the 1 persons ghostly experiences as a medium.
medium itself was just boring.
I was most disappointed that doll house was cancelled alpha [wash in firefly]
was an excellent bad guy. :cry:

R.I.P ALPHA !!!

Have you ever seen the lovely Alan Tudyk in a movie called Death at a Funeral?

You get to see his botty, and very nice it is too! :wink:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:52 am

Whats with the celeb crush thing today. :shock:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Willem » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Anyone seen some of the new shows that started in the US recently? There are some truly bad ones.

Mike and Molly - fat joke after fat joke. From the creator of Two and a Half Men and the Big Bang Theory. Really shows that we need to get rid of all the laugh tracks.

No Ordinary Family - about a normal family getting superpowers. It's got some potential but the first two episodes were filled with bad cliches.

Raising Hope, from the creator of My Name Is Earl. It's okay, but since I've got my own little girl I can't really enjoy humor about babies being in the backseat of a car without straps.

The Event, which is hyped as the next Lost. Sure it's got mysteries, except they answer them pretty quick. I'm still watching 4 eps in, but not sure how long I'll last.

Running Wilde, from people who did Arrested Development. It's fun and quirky but has more potential.

Outsourced - now this is truly awful. It's about an American running a callcenter in India. Indian stereotypes, bad accents, it's like watching It Ain't Half Hot Mum. Although I still dislike Mike and Molly more :)

Then there's the Channel 4 series 'The Increasingly Bad Decisions of Todd Margaret'. I like it :)

Still more shows that started recently, most notable Boardwalk Empire. I'm saving that one for my days off next week!
Willem

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 pm

I've heard good reports about Mike & Molly, but yeah they've also said about the fat jokes.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 pm

Saw the first episode of Mike and Molly.
I'm a big fan of The Big Bang Theory and was amazed at how bad this was. Seemingly the second episode wasn't up to much either. :(
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:38 pm

pip wrote:Whats with the celeb crush thing today. :shock:

I started it after I put up that photo of alan tudyk in this thread kind of got me thinking yum :wink:

Bouncy I am afraid I have not seen it yet but by tomorrow I will watch it Very closely :P
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby pip » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Fair enough.
He's not quite my cup of tea :lol:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:19 pm

ghostsecurity28 wrote:
pip wrote:Whats with the celeb crush thing today. :shock:

I started it after I put up that photo of alan tudyk in this thread kind of got me thinking yum :wink:

Bouncy I am afraid I have not seen it yet but by tomorrow I will watch it Very closely :P

I've got the DVD if you want to borrow it.

Bouncy Castle

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Thankyou Kindly Thats really nice of you to offer , I think I can find it online to watch at work
if I struggle may take you up on that offer :)
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre