Brisbane Going Postal

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Brisbane Going Postal

Postby Renoir » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Rehearsals have begun for the Arts Theatre's 2010 Discworld production - we're GOING POSTAL.

The season opens October 30 - I'll try to keep everyone posted of the fun stuff that happens along the way. Anyone in Brisbane who wants to get involved or just be kept informed, please leave me a post and I'll send you an appropriate clacks!
Renoir
Wordsmith, character, character assassin and card-carrying Old Bastard
Renoir

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Welcome to the site, Renoir and good luck with the production! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Fourecksian » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:52 pm

Bring the production to Sydney! We don't even get the clacks down here
Nullus Anxietas
Fourecksian

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:09 pm

Fourecksian wrote:Bring the production to Sydney! We don't even get the clacks down here
You've got a Discworld Convention there next year. And the Broken Drummers Downunder (see Discworld Fans Map) meet up once a month. :P
Tonyblack

Postby Fourecksian » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Fourecksian wrote:Bring the production to Sydney! We don't even get the clacks down here
You've got a Discworld Convention there next year. And the Broken Drummers Downunder (see Discworld Fans Map) meet up once a month. :P

This is very true :D Dang it looks like we're gonna get the clacks after all. And I'll definitely check out Broken Drummers. Are any of the good folk from this group on this forum at all?
Nullus Anxietas
Fourecksian

Postby deldaisy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Tonyblack wrote:

Hmmm. See Tony.. its Australia. Its no good telling someone in Brisbane that "You have a convention down there in 2010" Down there is Melbourne. And it really IS down there. Not a bit like travelling Scotland to Wales. I wonder if those Melburnians travel UP to Brissy to see the BAT performances (ie: Going Postal)?
deldaisy

Re: Brisbane Going Postal

Postby deldaisy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Renoir wrote:Rehearsals have begun for the Arts Theatre's 2010 Discworld production - we're GOING POSTAL.

The season opens October 30 - I'll try to keep everyone posted of the fun stuff that happens along the way. Anyone in Brisbane who wants to get involved or just be kept informed, please leave me a post and I'll send you an appropriate clacks!

I have been to the BAT performance of "The Truth" before. Its amazing what this production company does with TP.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:53 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:

Hmmm. See Tony.. its Australia. Its no good telling someone in Brisbane that "You have a convention down there in 2010" Down there is Melbourne. And it really IS down there. Not a bit like travelling Scotland to Wales. I wonder if those Melburnians travel UP to Brissy to see the BAT performances (ie: Going Postal)?
:lol: No, but I was telling someone from Sydney about the convention in Sydney. :P
Tonyblack

Postby Quark » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:32 am

Worse for me... I'm in Perth. By global standards it's practically a country town... the nearest major city is Jakarta. :(

Shame really... we still haven't received the televised version of Going Postal either.

Melbourne to Brisbane still looking difficult? :wink:
Quark

Postby mystmoon » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:07 pm

:o :lol: Perth was on my World map, probably because the west coast was looking too empty!
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:31 pm

I bet Perth has a larger population than Groningen :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Return to TV, film, theatre