Most Annoying Cartoon Character!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jane » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:23 am

It's kind of mean the way that the bad stuff always happens to Squidward.
He doesn't deserve it. :(

It's like Buddy the squirrel. Or that old guy with round glasses in The Simpsons. Or Eugene from Hey Arnold.
The rumour spread through the city like: ______.
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby deldaisy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:07 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I loved the way they got rid of Scrappy in the Scooby Do Live movie. :lol:

I recognise a few of those names kakaze - but weren't they American toon characters? :?

Krang was in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Snarf was in Thundercats, Slimer was in Ghostbusters and Orko was in He-Man. I don't know the others.

I really hated Tweety Pie and wanted to see Sylvester eat the smug bugger. :twisted:

Oh yes! I wanted that bird chewed up and spat out! And maybe a good ankle gouging to granny while Sylvester was at it! And that damn Roadrunner too... splatted by a convoy of Acme trucks.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:13 pm

Cheery wrote:
Lady Vetinari wrote:The Simpsons
Tweety
Jerry

Feel the same way about Tweety and Jerry. (That my brother's name is Jerry has nothing to do with it. At least not a lot.)

EDIT: And popeye. :evil: He was the one that put me off spinage.
And, although he's not actually a comic fugure: Jar-Jar Binks (star wars). I want to hit him.

Oh if you can mention Jar-Jar.... then I vote to take out Barney the purple dinosaur! Right into the tar pits! Hes just creepy or are those face aching smiling kids the ones that creep me out more?
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:42 pm

People don't realise how dangerous Barney is. It's really not a good idea to get children to love a tyrannosaurus rex. Can you imagine what would happen if they met a real one!? :shock: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:43 pm

yes, but it would have to be purple and talk with an annoying American accent for them to be fooled :D

By the way I'm not saying American accents are annoying per se, after all I married a Yank, but Barney is awful..
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I really hated Tweety Pie and wanted to see Sylvester eat the smug bugger. :twisted:

Ok just for you Tony :D

The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:51 pm

:D :D :D
I see we are not alone in our contempt of the little yellow bird. Thank you Mad Collector. I worry that you had that image so readily available.

And I think you are both being silly about Barney. Have you ever seen a showing of a Barney concert? They have a ring of security guards around the stage.... I don't think its to keep the little ones storming the stage to get TO Barney... I think its to keep Barney's little fellow performers from running AWAY. Those wide eyes and smiles that are a little too forced... if you look closely I do believe you can see tether lines.
deldaisy

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:39 pm

deldaisy wrote::D :D :D
I see we are not alone in our contempt of the little yellow bird. Thank you Mad Collector. I worry that you had that image so readily available.

It's by James Cauty, I have a collection of his art including that one, a lot of which is interesting (especially the anti Iraq war stuff) but hardly the kind of thing you put on your walls on a regular basis. Maybe at my new place when I get it as I will have more wall space to cover.

The Mad Collector

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre