translated terry p

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

translated terry p

Postby GlennSpain » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:26 pm

is there a site to buy translated discworld?

I have everything in Spanish, but I'm after Chinese. I know some exist at least, I'm seen pics of them on the web but have not found a way to buy.

Any help out there???

Beg, plead and plod
GlennSpain

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Hi GlennSpain and welcome to the site. When you say Chinese, do you mean Cantonese or Mandarin? :? And do you read those languages?

Sorry, I can't think of an answer to your question at the moment, but I'll give it some thought. :)
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:39 pm

welcome to the site glen, have you seen the size of a mandarin typewriter its huuuuggggeeee :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby silverstreak » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:55 pm

Hi and welcome to the site.Can't help with your query,I have enough
trouble in english.
Dark in here isn't it.
silverstreak

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:01 pm

I've seen the books here in Cardiff in Welsh - but that'll probably be just as difficult as Chinese. :lol:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:16 pm

dont lookat me i had seven % for a welsh exam in school and that was the days of the week the teacher had forgotten to rub off the board :lol:
went into clwb ifan bach in cardiff and had to get my mate( whos a turk) to get the beer as i couldnt order it in welsh :oops:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby chris.ph » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:26 pm

sorry got to explain turk is a nickname for somebody from llanelli like silver and its not derogatory honest :lol:
chris.ph

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:14 pm

All i can say is theyre published by Science Fiction World Magazine and i think theyre only published the first four books, there may be others but im not sure, the web site is http://www.sfw-cd.com/ its in chineese so good luck :)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:43 pm

Yeah that's about the same as I came up with. :?

If you click the links here on Colin Smythe's site and scroll down, you should see a picture of each of the books and the Chinese covers. But I have no idea how you'd go about buying them I'm sorry. :(
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:47 am

I'll have to ask my neighbours as theyre chinese :) mind you better wait for the chanting to stop first :lol: god they make a right racket. They keep making me think of interesting times for some reason :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Arroryn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Let me know if you do find more than the first four (all I could get).

I've got them all in English, and a fair bunch of them in German (www.amazon.de) so Mandarin was going to be my next stepping stone... slowly :)
Arroryn

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi Arroryn, welcome to the site. :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Arroryn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks :) looking forward to having a good conflaberate about the world's favourite author :)
Arroryn

Return to Discworld novels