New Site

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

So, what do you think of the new site terrypratchett.co.uk?

Looks like a good start
91%
Needs more content
9%
I dont like it
No votes

Total votes : 55

Postby steeljam » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 pm

It is strangely familiar. Just with less dust in the corners of the rooms.
I see no one decided to get a new name :D
steeljam

Postby LadyL » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Indeed, somehow we are used to this family, aren´t we? Though at least I am here incognito, but already missing my blue sofa :wink:
LadyL

Postby Jason » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm

steeljam wrote:I see no one decided to get a new name :D

Oi, I did. 8)
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Colin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Moderator - Jason wrote:

Oi, I did. 8)

Really? I always thought you were called Jason ...
Second Grumpy Old Man.
Colin
Grumpy old man

Postby Jason » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:02 pm

That's just what I told you guys. :)
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:09 pm

Jason, is there any chance of enlarging the font? I'm finding this one a little hard to read. :?
Tonyblack

Postby Ptim » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Moderator - Jason wrote:

Oi, I did. 8)

You're ooking good on it! :wink: :lol:
Ptim

Location: London, England, UK, Solar System, Milkey Way, Universe, etc...

Postby Ponder's Apprentice » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:19 pm

Reassuringly familiar - with a nice bit of artwork to brighten up the place.

Can the black footer text (e.g. "Page n of n" and "Goto page") be changed to a light colour as it cannot be read very easily against the dark green background.
Ponder's Apprentice

Postby Jason » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Jason, is there any chance of enlarging the font? I'm finding this one a little hard to read. :?

In Firefox and Internet Explorer, if you hold down the ctrl key on your keyboard and then use the scroll wheel on your mouse it changes the font size.

There doesn't appear to be an option to specifically change the font size for this site.
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Laineethepainter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:45 pm

Hiya, everyone!! Nice to see you all here, should we start to talk about choccy or are we being all grown up and sensible? How many more of 'us' do you think will wander over to have a quick look and end up registering? Anyways, if there's no choccy to be had, I'm off to bobos, I'm up and out at 4.30am tomorrow, we're at the market for a change! :lol:
Take Care and Keep Smiling xxx
Laineethepainter

Postby swreader » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 am

Thanks for the info on changing the font Jason. Actually, it appears to change the whole screen size, and it does it very dramatically--I scrolled the wrong way the first time, and got the whole screen down to postcard size on the left side of the page. Interesting question, I assume this will carry over into the actual post. :) And as far as I could tell, clicking on View more Emoticons gets you the same ones in a box, and without the odd shapes that I have now. Also, the spacing in the post seems to be erratic.

Well, let's see how my first post comes up. Tony, bless his heart, signed me up and then told me. Also, on the preview, although the smiley is safely between two sentences in the post, on the preview it's over part of a word.
swreader

Postby swreader » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:21 am

Thanks for the info on changing the font Jason. Actually, it appears to change the whole screen size, and it does it very dramatically--I scrolled the wrong way the first time, and got the whole screen down to postcard size on the left side of the page. Interesting question, I assume this will carry over into the actual post. :) And as far as I could tell, clicking on View more Emoticons gets you the same ones in a box, and without the odd shapes that I have now. And it doesn't really change it--it just makes it wierd--as to previews.

Well, let's see how my first post comes up. Tony, bless his heart, signed me up and then told me. Also, on the preview, although the smiley is safely between two sentences in the post, on the preview it's over part of a word.

And then I got the Error551 message, tried again, and it said no, but when I went back it double posted and when I clicked on the box to delete the second post (the only one that had a box) it deleted both. Well I'll try again.
swreader

Postby swreader » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:24 am

Absolutely fascinating--had copied (and modified) the original post, got the same error message again, but when I shifted backwards from the post a reply screen, there was the post.

How long does this go on? Am I going to get it again this time?
swreader

Postby swreader » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:30 am

The answer seems to be yes--

Jason, is there any other way to handle this other than clicking on the back arrow--which seems a very odd way to find that you've posted. But there's nothing on the Error Message screen that gives any other options. I was quite suprised to discover that indeed (contrary to the error message) I had posted (and in the first time--double posted) when it said it couldn't post at all.

Also, I agree with whoever said the numbers of pages are hard--make that impossible to read. If I hadn't known that there were two pages and clicked where I thought it should be, I wouldn't have been able to see it at all.
swreader

Postby Jason » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:12 am

I've requested a fix on the 551 error so at least you will get to see your post properly. I did a few test posts before the site went live and didn't come across the problem.

I am sure that it is a minor fix for the site administrators to sort out.

As for the colour schemes, there is very little I can do about them. I will, however, compile a list of requests and pass them onto the site owners.
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum