christmas and hogfather

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

christmas and hogfather

Postby matthereaper » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:25 pm

hi every 1 does any body re read hogfather every christmas and get excited about Xmas and does any one watch the hogfather movie every year at Xmas and get a warm feeling inside your tummy when you hear the tune to the hogfather And is any1 excited about Xmas already because of this?
don't fear the reaper
matthereaper

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Nah! :P

It's not one of my favourites, I have to say.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: christmas and hogfather

Postby DaveC » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:25 pm

matthereaper wrote:hi every 1 does any body re read hogfather every christmas and get excited about Xmas and does any one watch the hogfather movie every year at Xmas and get a warm feeling inside your tummy when you hear the tune to the hogfather And is any1 excited about Xmas already because of this?

Sorry seen the movie yet and only read the book for the first time in june... maybe in a few years it will become a ritual...since 2002 my Christmas ritual has been to watch all my extended Lord of the Ringgs DVDs around the beginning-middle of December.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Dotsie » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:34 am

I quite often reread Hogfather at christmas, but I didn't like the tv adaptation. I will be watching The Santa Clause, It's a Wonderful Life, and Scrooged though!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Re: christmas and hogfather

Postby michelanCello » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:40 pm

matthereaper wrote:hi every 1 does any body re read hogfather every christmas and get excited about Xmas and does any one watch the hogfather movie every year at Xmas and get a warm feeling inside your tummy when you hear the tune to the hogfather And is any1 excited about Xmas already because of this?

I do! :D I'm in a chrismas mood since Tony posted the Hogfather threed. :wink: I'm singing awfully popular christmas songs all day and just can't help it...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Penfold » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:59 pm

I've already brought eaten mince pies that are on sale in the local supermarket. :shock: Christmas seems to arrive earlier and earlier each year! :?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:36 pm

I got some German gingerbread hearts full of apricot jam and covered with dark chocolate from Lidl this morning. I'm taking them to Tucson for Chistmas.

I've taken christmas crackers and christmas pudding before now as they don't have them in the US. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:00 pm

Penfold wrote:I've already brought eaten mince pies that are on sale in the local supermarket. :shock: Christmas seems to arrive earlier and earlier each year! :?
Supermarkets just want to screw you for as much as they can get over the 3½ months till chripmas. :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Christmas starts for me in early December when I get the Santa suit down from the loft ready for the annual street collection for my Lions Club. By mid December when I have been very cold and wet for 9 nights in a row the magic is going. :roll:

I still cannot imagine not doing it though..
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:11 am

Tonyblack wrote:I've taken christmas crackers and christmas pudding before now as they don't have them in the US. :D

What?!!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:45 am

CRACKERS Dotsie :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Beautiful Dirt » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:45 am

My favourite christmas films are It's A Wonderful Life and A Muppets Christmas Carol :D
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. H. L. Mencken
Beautiful Dirt

Postby michelanCello » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Favorite Christmas movie? Got to be Love Actually... :wink:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Gorgeous film :D
Dotsie

Postby pip » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:43 pm

Best Christmas Film - Die Hard
Worst Christmas Film - Die Harder
:D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Next

Return to Discworld novels