Merlin

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Merlin

Postby Tiffany » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Is anyone watching the series?
I like it & I love the dragon Kilgharrah, he is super. :)
Best wishes,
Tiff
User avatar
Tiffany
Member
 
Posts: 2481
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 am
Location: Devon

Postby michelanCello » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:11 pm

YAAAAY!! Another Merlin fan! :D I love the series, but sadly, I haven't got BBCOne, so I have to wait until I go and visit my aunt and oncle in the Netherlands, who record it for me (they are huge fans too :wink: ). But meanwhile I watch the first two seasons non-stop (all right, not "non-stop", but anytime I feel like it :wink: ), and counting down until christmas holidays...
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8747
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:34 pm

I missed series 2 somehow. I'm not completely sold on this Camelot idea originating with Uther from a classics PoV or necessarily, with the slewing around of the principal dynamics having a young servant boy Merlin with an equally young Arthur (its my age - sorry! :oops: ).

However - Richard Wilson can do no wrong and anything coming out of John Hurt's mouth is nectar so, taken at face value it's a pleasingly original re-writing of the knightly myths (some of which are twaddle anyway :P ) and pure fantasy in that it takes no account at all of the actual Dark Ages historical niche. I'm rather glad and sort of relieved that Morganna's turning out so nasty though - I really couldn't take her being so nice in series 1 :lol:

I'm also pleased that Kilgharrah's managed to get out of his chained under the castle coop as it's given the cgi a bit more class. It was getting a leetle boring having Arthur keep on finding excuses to go down below every week :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10476
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby michelanCello » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:I missed series 2 somehow. I'm not completely sold on this Camelot idea originating with Uther from a classics PoV or necessarily, with the slewing around of the principal dynamics having a young servant boy Merlin with an equally young Arthur (its my age - sorry! :oops: ).

However - Richard Wilson can do no wrong and anything coming out of John Hurt's mouth is nectar so, taken at face value it's a pleasingly original re-writing of the knightly myths (some of which are twaddle anyway :P ) and pure fantasy in that it takes no account at all of the actual Dark Ages historical niche. I'm rather glad and sort of relieved that Morganna's turning out so nasty though - I really couldn't take her being so nice in series 1 :lol:

I'm also pleased that Kilgharrah's managed to get out of his chained under the castle coop as it's given the cgi a bit more class. It was getting a leetle boring having Arthur keep on finding excuses to go down below every week :wink:


Well, he almost burned down whole Camelot after Merlin freed him... that wasn't a really nice thing to do...
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8747
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:09 pm

:lol: I LIKE not nice :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10476
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby Tiffany » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 pm

Kilgharrah is a brilliant dragon. A right mix of evil & niceness, he did save Merlin after all from those revolting scorpions. :D
I don't care that it isn't historical correct, it's a fantasy so it doesn't matter.
michelanCello, can you get the BBC's i player in the Netherlands? If so, they repeat it on that.
Link..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=Merlin

I hope you can watch it via this?
Best wishes,
Tiff
User avatar
Tiffany
Member
 
Posts: 2481
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 am
Location: Devon

Postby michelanCello » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 am

Don't know about the Netherlands, but I live in Hungary (most of the time...), and it sais that it's not available in my area... :( maybe Sjoerd should check.
But thanks for the link anyway! :D

Back to the dragon - which scorpions?? (is that already season three?)
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8747
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:28 am

Can´t watch the BBC i-player in the Netherlands :( It says not available in your area :(
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:37 am

You can probably watch it (after a fashion) HERE on YouTube. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28680
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby Tiffany » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:34 am

michelanCello wrote:Don't know about the Netherlands, but I live in Hungary (most of the time...), and it sais that it's not available in my area... :( maybe Sjoerd should check.
But thanks for the link anyway! :D

Back to the dragon - which scorpions?? (is that already season three?)


Yes it is season3 now. We have had two episodes so far.

So sorry, you & Sjoerd3000, can't get i player in your countries. I hope you get the series on your TV's eventually. Do your countries buy BBC progs?
Best wishes,
Tiff
User avatar
Tiffany
Member
 
Posts: 2481
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:14 am
Location: Devon

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:18 pm

When I was at my friend's house in the Netherlands, she had BBC1 and BBC2 on cable. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28680
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Yup, have BBC1 and BBC2 on cable :wink: So I could watch Merlin, but I've never seen it :wink: I just checked the i-player for mC :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby michelanCello » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:45 pm

Tonyblack wrote:You can probably watch it (after a fashion) HERE on YouTube. :wink:


But that's the first season... I've seen that one a lot of times... :wink:

Thanks, Sjoerd, for checking.

Here we have the fist season going on telly every saturday afternoon, but with hungarian voices, so it's not worth it... The fastest way is to wait until christmas when I'm going to the Netherlands :D

Edit: Sjoerd, you don't know what you're missing. :wink:
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8747
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 pm

michelanCello wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:You can probably watch it (after a fashion) HERE on YouTube. :wink:


But that's the first season... I've seen that one a lot of times... :wink:

Thanks, Sjoerd, for checking.

Here we have the fist season going on telly every saturday afternoon, but with hungarian voices, so it's not worth it... The fastest way is to wait until christmas when I'm going to the Netherlands :D

Edit: Sjoerd, you don't know what you're missing. :wink:
Some people are never satisfied! :P

Give it a few weeks and someone will upload it there I'm sure. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28680
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby michelanCello » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks, Tony! :wink:
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8747
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron