Audio Books

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby mspanners » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Well thanks for the advice,someone else suggested this before but I wish to build my own collection of audio and that is why I have been badgering them to update the list..... it is very bad of them to put a banner on the site claiming the complete collection and suckering people into signing on in the hope of doing this! And although they are affiliated with the other Audible sites which do have these missing files I can not use my UK credits to download them, I have asked a number of times for them to be updated or to use my credits on other Amazon/Audible sites but no go.... I am sure they would not be able to get away with this sort of thing if I were on the US members site ...... typical Brits being done over again thanks to our weak and ineffective Laws.
mspanners

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:36 am

Have you been in touch with the Advertising Standards Authority to make a complaint?

I wouldn't generally agree that the UK has weak and ineffective laws.
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby mspanners » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:10 am

Yes I have but their powers are apparently limited on internet issues, it appears that so long as they have a version of the book ( the abridged one, which for me is no good...who walks into a Library and rips out pages of a book and then expects the next reader to enjoy it!!! ) the advertising standards can do nothing about it...... as I said we have Weak and ineffective Laws in the UK..... :shock:
mspanners

Postby Richazey » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:08 am

I just managed to get 20 tapes read by Tony Robinison for £28 all in perfect condition :D
Richazey

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 am

Richazey wrote:I just managed to get 20 tapes read by Tony Robinison for £28 all in perfect condition :D

Yes but they are all seriously abridged, you only get about 20% of the book. To give some comarison the full versions read by Stephen Briggs nowadays come out on 10 to 12 CDs. I started listening to the Tony Robinson ones but got so frustrated with huge chunks being left out so I now have all the full versions.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Richazey » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:44 am

I know I already have the unabridged versions :roll:
Richazey

Previous

Return to Latest books