I'll risk it for a swisskit

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Tonyblack, Jason, Toothy

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:21 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:It's just a little better than US chocolate though. *lights blue touch paper and awaits reaction :twisted: *

You're not wrong there, eewww! :lol:

But - American cheesecake leaves ours standing.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm

oooo yeah - they're yummy. Wonder how their refridgerator cake tastes then?(choc cheescake-ish thingie) :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:24 pm

Sharlene sent me some Hershey's Kisses once - they were horrible! :lol:

But not all US chocolate is awful. Ghirardelli is really pretty good. Having said that I think most chocolate is an abomination anyhow.
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:26 pm

wash your mouth out with soap tony. the boss reckons im addicted worse than a bird
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:26 pm

Heretic! :twisted:(Tony that is)

*looks at Chris suspiciously and hides her curly wurly*
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:56 pm

Well I have to admit that the Belgian chocolate covered espresso beans were rather tasty. But generally I'm with Lu-Tze and prefer licorice. :P
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Liquorice is an acquired taste but I like the black stuff - red liquorice is horrible though - but not as horrible as Hershey bars... :twisted:

The Belgians and Swiss have chocolate sewn up *goes to check secret stash*
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:13 pm

Liqourice is not a sweet! You can cover roofs with it for heavens sake :D

As a child, someone once bought me a bag of liqourice alsorts as a reward for doing the right thing. I've done the wrong thing ever since :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:16 pm

One thing about this thread that makes me feel nostalgic, 4p for a chocolate bar.

* sigh *
Dotsie

Postby Jarmara » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:16 pm

Never heard of a swisskit, although it sounds like a Cadbury's Picnic, which I almost lived on as a child (you know, back when you could give a child chocolate without them being rushed into care... :roll: )

I didn't know America had chocolate, all I could find when I was there was blocks of Brown.
Contains Strong Language, Fantasy Violence and Mild Peril

Image The Sunshine Sanctuary says - Click to keep the dragon alive!
Jarmara

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:27 pm

Binky wrote:I want mint cracknel back too! I am told you can still get mint cracknel in North America btw. It was a favourite of mine, along with amazin' raisin bars.

I think the bar you are really meaning though was chocolate covered peanut brittle, perhaps?

nope definatly not, just some very crunchy sweet stuff covered in chocolate and i just rememeber it had a weird taste
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tiffany » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:34 pm

The_Discworldaholic wrote:
Binky wrote:I want mint cracknel back too! I am told you can still get mint cracknel in North America btw. It was a favourite of mine, along with amazin' raisin bars.

I think the bar you are really meaning though was chocolate covered peanut brittle, perhaps?

nope definatly not, just some very crunchy sweet stuff covered in chocolate and i just rememeber it had a weird taste

I'm sure that's a Dime bar, it did have a peculiar taste.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:46 pm

only one way to find out im goingto have to buy one \:)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Tiffany » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 am

Good research that, The_Discworldaholic. :lol: Let us know if it's the right choc bar? :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:14 pm

just come home from work and the boss has bought me a box of jelly babies wot a good girl :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum