Weather - or not!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby BatrickPatrick » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:42 pm

I had to hide inside Armstrongs for an hour because of the apocalyptic rain...emerged with a fetching tailcoat :D
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:55 am

The weather in japan is starting to get very silly. :roll:
The temperature should be around the mid 20s for this time in September. It isn't. It's still in the mid 30s every day with up to 80% humidity. :shock:
This is the hottest summer since records began over 100 years ago. Yesterday in Kyoto it was the hottest day EVER in japan with a temperature of 39.9 degrees!! :shock:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:44 pm

That's kind of scary! :shock:

It's been piddling down most of the day here. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby jonny » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:39 pm

it's raining there to :(
jonny

Postby wicked woman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:23 pm

Heavy rain here all afternoon. That's because I went out in a skirt and blouse, and sandals :x
wicked woman

Postby swreader » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:34 pm

Pooh, that sounds awful!! :shock: Couldn't be global warming, do you suppose? Bet the Russians think so.

Two days ago we had a proper monsoon, thunder & lightening, high winds, hail, and a downpour (a really gully-washer) for about an hour. Today, we're having isolated spots of heavy rain, but doesn't last all that long.

I wonder if you Brits might be getting the after-effects of Earl (which skimmed along the East Coast without much damage). If not, you probably will. But with you all, constant rain is almost normal, isn't it? :wink:

A new hurricane (Hermione) is coming ashore in Northern Mexico and West & South Texas--so I supsect we'll get some of the moisture from that in a couple of days.

Haven't heard anything new on the floods in Pakistan (which I hope means that things aren't getting worse with more rain). 20 million people with their homes & everything wiped out. I think that everyone is almost "disastered out" what with Hati, and the Gulf Oil. They seem to be getting donations but slowly in Pakistan. One can only hope for the best--as that seems to have been the worst flooding in recorded history.

Mother Nature is NOT happy!
swreader

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 am

Do you think Harry Potter was responsible for it . :wink:

A new hurricane (Hermione) is coming ashore in Northern Mexico and West & South Texas--so I supsect we'll get some of the moisture from that in a couple of days. :lol:

No rain on the East cost in our area yet but very windy. forcast heavy rain tomorrow today now.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby polythenegirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 am

It was horrible here last night! Torrential Rain and Strong winds! We have 2 Degus whose cage is in the living room and the sky light is above them. Bless their little hearts they spent all ngiht squeaking at the top of the voices cos they were scared of all the loud rain noises :(
Polythene Girl

*mwah*
polythenegirl

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:42 am

polythenegirl wrote:It was horrible here last night! Torrential Rain and Strong winds! We have 2 Degus whose cage is in the living room and the sky light is above them. Bless their little hearts they spent all ngiht squeaking at the top of the voices cos they were scared of all the loud rain noises :(
I'd never heard of a degu until just now, so I looked it up. What cute little critters. :D
Tonyblack

Postby polythenegirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:12 am

Tonyblack wrote:
polythenegirl wrote:It was horrible here last night! Torrential Rain and Strong winds! We have 2 Degus whose cage is in the living room and the sky light is above them. Bless their little hearts they spent all ngiht squeaking at the top of the voices cos they were scared of all the loud rain noises :(
I'd never heard of a degu until just now, so I looked it up. What cute little critters. :D

They are goreous and cute! One of our friends breeds them for snake food (instead of using pinkies) so we decided to rescue a pair of them - 2 cute little boys called donald and Daffy!
Polythene Girl

*mwah*
polythenegirl

Postby Penfold » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:26 pm

I never heard of degus either but they really look cute. :) Any chance of some pics?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby polythenegirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Of course - i'll pop 'em up in here (if thats the right place!) when I get home - I'm at work att he minute and can't access my Facebook whcih has most of them on
Polythene Girl

*mwah*
polythenegirl

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Actually, there's a thread for pets HERE. :D
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:13 pm

swreader wrote:Pooh, that sounds awful!! :shock: Couldn't be global warming, do you suppose? Bet the Russians think so.

Two days ago we had a proper monsoon, thunder & lightening, high winds, hail, and a downpour (a really gully-washer) for about an hour. Today, we're having isolated spots of heavy rain, but doesn't last all that long.

I wonder if you Brits might be getting the after-effects of Earl (which skimmed along the East Coast without much damage). If not, you probably will. But with you all, constant rain is almost normal, isn't it? :wink:

A new hurricane (Hermione) is coming ashore in Northern Mexico and West & South Texas--so I supsect we'll get some of the moisture from that in a couple of days.

Haven't heard anything new on the floods in Pakistan (which I hope means that things aren't getting worse with more rain). 20 million people with their homes & everything wiped out. I think that everyone is almost "disastered out" what with Hati, and the Gulf Oil. They seem to be getting donations but slowly in Pakistan. One can only hope for the best--as that seems to have been the worst flooding in recorded history.

Mother Nature is NOT happy!

We do get some sunshine here. It's not all rain, honest. :wink: At the moment though, it's sunny one minute and raining the next.

The floods in Pakistan are not better, in fact they have had more rain and flooding, poor things. We should count our blessings.
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:06 pm

Just in the middle of typing this as I was rudely interupted by a lightning flash which shut down the computer Image, desk lamp and TV for a second then started again, I'm glad I had anti surge plugs fitted.

As I was saying we are having a thunder storm with heavy rain but it's stopped now and the sun has come out. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum