Welcome and Introduce Yourself

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14 pm

Welcome to the shiny new forum at TerryPratchett.co.uk.

Please feel free to post a little about yourself so that others will know a little about who you are.
Last edited by Jason on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 pm

OK, to kick things off.

My name is Jason Anthony and I have been asked to moderate this forum. I have been co-moderating the HarperCollins forum (http://www.terrypratchettbooks.com) for a couple of years now so have a bit of experience in moderation. I like to keep fairly hands off as much as possible but will step in when I feel it is necessary.

If at any time you feel uncomfortable about how things are going please feel free to send me a private message and I will respond as soon as possible. I do have a full time job and a family so I can't always respond straight away.

In whatever is left of my spare time I create / edit Discworld Monthly the free monthly email newsletter about anything Discworld or Terry Pratchett.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm Tony Blackwell from Cardiff in Wales and sometimes Tucson in Arizona. I've been a Disc-iple since the Colour of Magic came out and my brother nagged me to read it.

Looking forward to seeing this site grow and getting to know everyone.

Tony :D
Last edited by Tonyblack on Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Ptim » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:39 pm

Evenin'!

I'm Tim Williams. I have been a fan since 1999. I am sometimes known to be on stage at Discworld Events and even ran one.

I have no life! :wink: :lol:
Ptim

Location: London, England, UK, Solar System, Milkey Way, Universe, etc...

Postby Colin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:59 pm

I'm Colin

I have to use my real name, so that I can log in here to remind myself, when I forget.

I have been habituating Discworld Forums (??Fora??) for far too long ... unlike pTim, I DO have a life.
Colin
Grumpy old man

Postby Statsman » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:32 pm

hi I'm Mark. Been a fan for a while (ok so I can't remember how long!).

Been around DW forums for a while & have been known to the make the odd appearance at events (and yes before someone says it, very odd)
Statsman

Postby Periwinkle » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:57 pm

Hi I'm Periwinkle

Been a fan for quite a few years, starting to read the DW books when I was a part time taxi driver ! My first con was 2004 and I have been around ever since, usually seen dressed as Queen of the Elves!

One of the Hogfather's little helpers at Hogswatch events!
Peace and be Wild!
Periwinkle

Postby qvize » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi

I'm Qvize, aka Miss Wadfest 2007 :shock: Nice to already see lots of friendly faces on this site and looking forward to meeting a few new people along the way

I'm signed up to most other TP forums that I know of, have been to a fair few events (Clarecraft, Hogwatch, Cons, Wadfest, Wincanton Spring Events, Jamboree etc...) and am looking forward to many more to come.
qvize

Postby Ceriphinz » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:03 pm

Hey hey, I'm Paul Barlow from New Zealand, been a fan of DW for a good few years now, thought I'd pop in and say hi.

So Hi :wink:
Ceriphinz

Postby catrine » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi all

Catrine here - been a fan for years and try to get to every event - usually i'm one of the people in purple
Describe the snake
"no legs - seamed to be mainly tail"
catrine

Postby Ponder's Apprentice » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi, I'm Bob Coalbran from Shropshire.

I was diagnosed with inoperable collectoritis in my teens and was introduced to the Discworld novels by my brother-in-law 5 or 6 years ago.

Whilst reading all the books I couldn't resist starting a collection of all the different versions & covers. Having attended Hogswatch 2006 I fell under the spell of Discworld stamps & ephemera and now regularly send aid packages (of cash) to Wincanton.

I'm looking forward to attending my first DW Con next month - gosh, it doesn't seem possible but in a month from now it will be all over.
Ponder's Apprentice

Postby Roger » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:57 pm

Well as it says on the box i'm Roger not unknown to a few of you, usually hiding behind a camera at Wincanton events. 8)
My Event Pictures:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogden31/sets/

there's someone in my head and it's not me
Roger

Postby squigglyx » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi all, I'm Pete (or Peter to my Mum) aka Squigglyx in most discworldy places.

Looking forward to meeting new friends and old on here.
squigglyx

Postby Laineethepainter » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:32 pm

My name is Lainee and I am a painter! I inhabit the Discworld Stamps forum and have been known to discuss chocolate in great length. I am a fully qualified painter and decorator but now restrict myself to painting on paper and canvas. I live in Eastham, Wirral with the very patient if somewhat bemused Dave, known to all as Himself, and my two mad, bad and dangerous to know Step-daughters, Piglet and Oscar and my ginger furry baby 12 year old Tony. I spend many long hours at the local flea market where I sell crystals, hand-made jewelry and odd bits of tat. Himself sells any second-hand junk he can carry! I am learning Reiki, so be warned.......I'm looking for victims!! See you soon xxx
Take Care and Keep Smiling xxx
Laineethepainter

Postby chuckie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi. My real name is Eoin (Ian). I,ve been reading discworld books since early ninties. First book was mort. Was introduced to discworld forums and gatherings through my partners niece AJ (of Wadfest fame).Probably wont post very often , i tend to sit quietly in the background.
chuckie

Next

Return to The Broken Drum