if u could make a request....

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Be nice to the newbie!

Postby amym » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Have read all discworld novels but only just discovered online nerds like me!

I'd love to read about Carrot becoming king of AM...just for one book, though, not forever.... can't you just see Vimes going mad and Angua deciding if she is going to be queen or not?
amym

Re: Be nice to the newbie!

Postby DaveC » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:00 pm

amym wrote:Have read all discworld novels but only just discovered online nerds like me!

I'd love to read about Carrot becoming king of AM...just for one book, though, not forever.... can't you just see Vimes going mad and Angua deciding if she is going to be queen or not?

Welcome amym

i love that idea but its not a very popular one! ;)
Last edited by DaveC on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Quark » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Personally, I'd like to see a book about the birth of the internet. We already have a handy clacks system, after all, and I'm sure Terry could do better than I did (See the DreamWorlds forums for my crummy fanfic).

I'd love to read about Carrot becoming king of AM...just for one book, though, not forever....

'Ere! Have you been reading my drafts? :shock:
Quark

Postby Penfold » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Hellooo and welcome amym! :D
amym wrote:I'd love to read about Carrot becoming king of AM...

Maybe, but I would much prefer Vimes to time-travel into the past and have to carry out the role of Ol' Stoneface during the Ankh Morpork Civil War (much like he had to do in Nightwatch as Sergeant Keel). I think Sir Terry could have great fun with time paradoxes, Lu Tze, quantum physics, and an English Civil War spoof (I always envisaged Ol' Stoneface as a Cromwellian type)! :P Also, the knowledge that he chopped off the head of Carrot's Great, Great, Great, (etc.) Grandfather* could have interesting repercussions on the relationship between the two.

* Assuming that Carrot is actually the true heir. Sir Terry could surprise us all yet in this matter!
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Quark wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a book about the birth of the internet. We already have a handy clacks system, after all, and I'm sure Terry could do better than I did (See the DreamWorlds forums for my crummy fanfic).

Not crummy at all! See HERE for proof :wink:

Don't know about the internet as such as the clacks are email-alikes effectively, so perhaps clacks communities more? It'd need a strong Discworld slant to it anyway. :P

Hi there amym :D I think we're past Carrot as king now really but it could be fun :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:28 pm

Welcome amym
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:40 pm

And welcome from me too! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 pm

Hi and Welcome amym.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby BatrickPatrick » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Penfold wrote:Hellooo and welcome amym! :D
amym wrote:I'd love to read about Carrot becoming king of AM...

Maybe, but I would much prefer Vimes to time-travel into the past and have to carry out the role of Ol' Stoneface during the Ankh Morpork Civil War (much like he had to do in Nightwatch as Sergeant Keel). I think Sir Terry could have great fun with time paradoxes, Lu Tze, quantum physics, and an English Civil War spoof (I always envisaged Ol' Stoneface as a Cromwellian type)! :P Also, the knowledge that he chopped off the head of Carrot's Great, Great, Great, (etc.) Grandfather* could have interesting repercussions on the relationship between the two.

* Assuming that Carrot is actually the true heir. Sir Terry could surprise us all yet in this matter!

I like this idea *points*
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby unseenu » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:31 pm

I'd like to see a satire of social networking with the clacks running a facebook like service.
Proof that L-Space exists in this universe

Fact 1:Heavier things distort time and space more
Fact 2:A page with ink on it is heavier than an unprinted page
Conclusion:A book distorts time and space more than blank papers
unseenu

Postby Perestroika » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:59 pm

I'd actually like to have another book about the Times, and maybe that could tie in with the reality tv idea.
Perestroika

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:09 pm

Reality TV? Seriously... do you WANT to see what Nanny Ogg, Nobby or CMOTD get up to behind closed doors? :wink:
deldaisy

Postby Perestroika » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:11 pm

well isn't that something we've all wondered about?

I know I have!
Perestroika

Postby LilMaibe » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:16 pm

That's what fanfiction is for :D (Granted, not the bad one that makes Rinso eveil and have him kill everyone)
LilMaibe

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:20 pm

LilMaibe wrote:That's what fanfiction is for :D (Granted, not the bad one that makes Rinso eveil and have him kill everyone)

Oh that one I would read Lil :D Would be nice to see the spineless little wizard grow some ba.... backbone!

Edit: Hey Tony... Where's that thread we had going about DW Reality TV Shows.... that was hilarious.
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels