Discworld Forums on Dreams...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Help - The Feegles have turned me colour blind! Which background is best?

Coral?
7%
Feegle Red
20%
Purple?
7%
Lilac?
53%
Something Else? Tell me!
13%

Total votes : 15

Discworld Forums on Dreams...

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Nearly ready to set the Discworld RP forum up properly over on DreamWorlds and I've been doing some 'branding'. :lol: So here's a preview for the most discerning Discworld forum on the planet,
so I can get some informed feedback from more fans than we have over there atm... :wink:

Same central image but I can't make my mind as it's been Feegled somehow... :roll: Which background colour do you think works best?

CORAL

FEEGLE RED

PURPLE

LILAC

Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm

The lilac is much more subtle and less 'in-your-face'. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:17 pm

...but it's Jan you're talking about Tony. :lol:
I thought "in your face" was her trade mark. :lol:
Anyway, I'm banned. :(
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:36 pm

I totally agree with Tony, I absolutely like the lilac one best. It's relaxing and dreaming :P
:D
I especially don't like the red one because it's too aggressive.
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Lilac for me too :wink: second place for coral :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:59 pm

Lilac for sure.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:00 pm

Erm... remind me how Feegles are again? What's that? Shrinking violets?! :shock: :lol:

I've used muted purples rather a lot on the site which is why I was looking more at the 'solid' colours which are samples of Rob in fact (hair and skin obviously).

Lilac'd work better if I had it at both ends... :? I don't 'do' red at all in general, it just seemed more appropriate in this case. :lol:

OK - let's see if we get anyone else out of the lilac bloc :P

As for this tripe :roll:
poohcarrot wrote:Anyway, I'm banned. :(

You never were you big fibber :shock:

You can come back any time you like smartypants so long as you can prove you're a lifelong member of the Lipstick Pig fan club :twisted:

(Actually I seem to remember that it was Afghanistan not her that ignited the last straw in your hay bale which was more timing than anything else so I wasn't as 'amused' as I normally would have been :( :oops: )
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby swreader » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Jan. of the colors you have, I go with Sjoerd on Lilac as 1st choice, then Coral. However, I rather liked this color (Light Sky Blue) as a background. I've done it in this bold large so you get a better idea of the shade.
swreader

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:02 pm

Sky blue was an option as well as that'd key into the 'Mort' background area - I think I'm just fed up with my usual colour palette and wanted something more lively and 'ripe' to go with Discworld more in general, it seems to want a bouncier feel and yes - it is in your face at times... :wink:

This is what I have for the other 2 'World' forums, which was done on 'emotional' tone and I was happy with straight away and a 'quick fix' one I did before we even opened for Discworld.

This last one (it's Eric to stop everyone wondering :) ) wasn't the full concept as I wanted Paul Kidby's characters with a Josh Kirby background so the image I've put together I'm more or less happy and can tinker with the colour a bit (with Paul's anyway) so there's not such a clash which is currently happening I think and why for me aesthetically the red works best atm as its more balanced visually and 'action-packed' :P

What I'm also trying to do there is to get the serials represented more or less, so Death's there with a wizard of sorts but no History Monks - I'm happy with the Kidby side of it, but for Kirby I can get more images from the estate if anyone's got a better idea (Mort I got from his website and they didn't have a vast range on there) as the PR woman I spoke to was v. helpful and said she could let me have quality images to use.
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:11 pm

Well if you want "lively" - how about Magenta? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:27 pm

I have an insurmountable pathological aversion to 'powder' and shocking pinks except for use in ironical circumstances or where an unavoidable statement must be made... :oops:

Discworld is not and never will be pink, dress it up in whatever tonal description you wish :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:27 pm

We're 'user-led' on the Worlds so here's an all Lilac one :wink:

and a sky-blue one :lol:

Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby swreader » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:47 pm

I'll go for the sky blue for first choice, but the lilac is gorgeous also.
swreader

Postby Danny B » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:59 pm

I'm in favour of the Feegle Red option, but if that one isn't possible my run-off vote is for Sky Blue.
Danny B

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:28 am

skyblue looks good too :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Next

Return to Games