Death at the Library - The Ephebe whowazzit game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 pm

michelanCello wrote: Pff... I mean, this is just like poker and I don't like that either...

If you don't like it, don't play :wink: Not everyone has it in them :lol:

Of course, you look very guilty from Jan telling us that she made a huge gamble that didn't pay off. Voting for each other when you couldn't get in to change the vote perhaps?

But I'm still not changing my vote. If Willem wants to make pacts, he has to learn that
a) a secret pact with pooh is never a secret pact
b) I don't like pacts
c) sooner or later someone gets into bed with a killer :twisted:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm

You aren't going to change your vote!? :shock: :lol:
Who were you thinking of changing it to? :? Yourself? :lol:

If you don't like (insert word or phrase here) you shouldn't play! :lol:

Ah! Dotsie at her best. :lol:
(And people think I'm horrible? :shock:)

Which charity are you referring to Dotsie? :lol:

The Dotsie going to DW Con charity? :lol:
The buy Dotsie loads of chocs charity? :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Dotsie wrote:It wasn't clever, and if I were you I'd shut up about it. If I'm the killer I'll give 100 pounds to charity.

Oh, bugger...

Dotsie, can I ask you something? Are you rich? And do you usually keep your promises?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:44 pm

THE STANDARD POOH PACT

Before roles are assigned.

If I am a killer I will not kill you first round.
If you are a killer you will not kill me first round.
If one of us can protect the other they will do so.
We will both vote for the same person, mutually agreeable to each party from a short list of three candidates supplied by each party.
This pact is valid for the first round only.

The reason for the pact is for both parties concerned to get through the first round safely.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Dotsie wrote: I often say things in this game that I might not believe 100%

Dotsie wrote:Of course it could be a bluff :roll: Anything I say could be. That's part of the fun.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 pm

poohcarrot wrote:You aren't going to change your vote!? :shock: :lol:
Who were you thinking of changing it to? :? Yourself? :lol:

There are three people playing :roll:

michelanCello wrote:
Dotsie wrote:It wasn't clever, and if I were you I'd shut up about it. If I'm the killer I'll give 100 pounds to charity.

Oh, bugger...

Dotsie, can I ask you something? Are you rich? And do you usually keep your promises?

This is a promise made entirely outside of this game. If you like, I'll make the promise on another thread as well to authenticate it. I don't need to be rich, because I won't need to pay out. And yes, I always keep my promises.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 pm

Image I'm going to have a nervous break-down...
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:00 pm

You don't have to do that :wink: But if you're the killer, fess up - you'll feel better :lol:
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 pm

poohcarrot wrote:The reason for the pact is for both parties concerned to get through the first round safely.

I stand corrected. You're obviously a genius :P
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:11 pm

mC can vote for anybody she wants. I can't win. I'm out. I'm neutral.
My offer of donation is based solely on identifying the killer.

Dotsie is now trying to BRIBE mC to vote for Willem! :shock:

Unbelievable! :shock:

Dotsie has now put mC in the position, where if she votes for Willem, she'll be regarded as a bribe taker! She'll be corrupt. She'll have sold her soul to the devil!

Nice one Dotsie. Even I wouldn't stoop that low :shock:

"If you aren't (open to a bit of corruption, aren't prepared to sacrifice your honour, and aren't forever willing to be regarded as dishonest) you shouldn't play". :shock:

Sjoerd! Where are you?
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Dotsie, if you're trying to get the game stopped, because you don't want to be voted off, I'm disgusted! :shock:

It's only a game! You can't put that much pressure on a newbie who's still at school! :shock:
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 pm

I'm here.

Dotsie said is she will donate to the alzheimer foundation if she's the killer. Like you will donate if she isn't the killer.

Now there is nothing in the rules that says this is forbidden. In fact I seem to remember that you said you would donate to the alzheimer foundation if I wasn't the killer in the first game we played and you were still playing then.

However I'm not to fond of this donating scheme. So lets make a new rule you can't state you're going to donate to any charity if someone turns out to be one of the killers or if someone turns out not to be one of the killers. This includes gawpers too (pooh)
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:44 pm

Donations cancelled then!

But if mC votes for Willem (because of Dotsie's influence), and it turns out Dotsie is the killer, then Sjoerd must have the right to overturn the result in favour of the innocents.

I think all parties concerned should see that as reasonable. :D
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:53 pm

I think MC can make up her own mind. So I won't change the outcome of the game :roll:
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Willem » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:58 pm

On the Pooh-pact: I stand by it, it didn't hurt anyone, nor did it really influence the game. Like I stated earlier, I can get a bit paranoid playing games, seeing patterns and pacts everywhere. By being in a pact, I at least knew for certain there was one ;)

On the donations: I feel there's a big difference between Pooh's and Dotsie's.
Pooh, outside of the game, is saying: I've made an assumption on something I can't know for certain, but I'm so sure of me being right, that I'm putting money on it.
Dotsie's betting on herself so not on an assumption, but on a hard fact that only she is aware of, as of the now. Pooh doesn't know for certain if Dotsie is innocent or not. Dotsie does.
So now Michelancello has got to decide if it's a bluff or the truth. You might say that there's no real difference between saying 'I'm innocent' and 'If I'm the killer I'll donate 100 pounds' but I'd bet not many people would agree (and I'm not putting money on that sentence ;)). If Dotsie had said 'If I turn out to be the killer, I'll eat my hat!' would I have minded as much? Probably not. Nobody expects her to eat her actual hat if it turns out she is the killer. But we'd all expect her to come true on her promise of a donation, right? Anything else would be bad for indeed.

Still, gamewise, we pretty much know that Michelancello's not the killer since she could've finished the game by using all her votes on Dotsie when I did the same. So she has the game in the palm of her hand - and Dotsie's comment turned her whole world upside-down, I'd say. Dotsie knows who the killer is. I know who the killer is. We both want to get Michelancello to vote for the other one.

Michelancello, to ease your mental state:
I can't ask you to ignore Dotsie's 100 pound comment.
I don't blame you for changing your vote back to me based on it - I promise not to hold it against you now or in any future games/posts.
And I thank you for comparing me to Superman ;)

Dotsie, to ease your mental state:
While I don't agree with someone betting on themselves, but Pooh really goaded you into it with his comment so I don't blame you.

Pooh, to ease your mental state:
Men! They're to blame for everything! ;)
Willem

PreviousNext

Return to Games