I have a theory...Do you have a theory?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Wed May 26, 2010 11:44 pm

"The Ponder Hypothesis."

The more Ponder posts, the less likely you are to read all his posts. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Thu May 27, 2010 10:48 am

SHouldnt that be in the obvious post thread? :lol:

bikkit wrote:my theory is extreamly dull and about eye colour. I won't tell you it.

Well, now you've told us you have one, you have to tell us :D Come on, tell us. Tell us. Tell us. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeseeee :)
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Thesilly Von Lipwig » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:46 pm

My theory: Time doesn't exist.... neither do words.

Time: By this I mean the measurement of time. The only reason we call an hour an hour, a minute a minute and a second a second because someone said it was. Like the afternoon is the point of the day when the sun is at its peak and evening is when it starts to get dark.

Words: They are just sounds we make that are understandable. thats how whole languages became: Sounds we make that we have learned to understand.
"I don't think I could live in a world that we have to tell him the machine stops working if we take away his fluffy teddy bear."
"We could always say it won't work without the FTB enabled?"
Thesilly Von Lipwig

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi TVL

I would have read your post but I couldn't find the time and there was nothing to read. :? :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby sheilaj » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:36 pm

poohcarrot wrote:The exception that proves the rule. :lol:

Didn't you know that "proves" in that context doesn't mean "demonstrates as correct" but "tests" as in in this case "blows a blooming great hole through" :P
sheilaj

Postby sheilaj » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:43 pm

Ponder Stibbons wrote::D Nice theory. I didnt read all of it. :oops:

I have two theories.

One is backing up terry's theory that things only exist if you believe them. Things only appear when you want them. Since the Terry Brooks guys came on, i havent gone to a bookshop till today.
AArrgh!! Suddenly, after not finding any tp books and picking up Wicked, i come across what must have been teh whole shanara series and got First King of Shanara. Then, i found two whole shelfs of Neil Gaiman, including American Gods and someone begining with a's boys. I didnt get any of those. Then, after deciding on those books, i finally come across a section of half the discworld books. And i cant get all of them :evil: Well, i probably could, but i'm not that much of a go-getter. I got the second and 5th. :twisted:

Second is a bit long and i might need to think it out, so itll come later. It involves time paradoxes :twisted:

not always...Nanny Ogg (I think in Carpe Jugulum) says they know the gods exist so why go around believing in them.
Somewhere else she(or someone) says they are like tables...you don't go around saying "Oh Great Table without whom.....
On the other hand, there is the accretion of belief thing in Hog Father so I guess as usual, the rules don't apply to witches.
sheilaj

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:42 pm

sheilaj wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:The exception that proves the rule. :lol:

Didn't you know that "proves" in that context doesn't mean "demonstrates as correct" but "tests" as in in this case "blows a blooming great hole through" :P

I tend to use this phrase when I'm trying to justify something stupid I've just said or written which has just been proved wrong. :lol:
poohcarrot

Previous

Return to Games