Discworld Art

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Discworld Art

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:56 pm

I just found this picture and thought I'd share it with you.

Have you seen any other DW fan art on the Net? :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:42 pm

There's a whole bunch of excellent pictures here. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:50 pm

There's an ANGUA piccy by this guy on his deviantART album - obviously a Pratchett fan!

I've never done artwork for Discworld but perhaps its about time I started - except people like this bloke and Paul and Josh do it so much better than I could... :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:58 pm

That's the same guy who did the Hat Full of Sky piccie. Wish I could draw that well. :(
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:19 pm

oooo! I have this guy's sketch of Agnes Nitt on one of my 'House' threads elsewhere *puts him on favourites quick before she loses him again!*
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tiffany » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Not sure I like the painting of Tiffany, but I was very young then :D
I do like the one of Angua though. :)
The Drawings are excellent by Tealin though, but she/he hasn't done a drawing of Tiffany. :(
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:46 am

I don't recall seeing a Tiffany picture by Tealin, but check out her Harry Potter artwork on that site. :D
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Tealin says she hugely admires Paul Kidby's work and so she concentrates on the 'gaps' in his work where he's either not illustrated a character or it varies from Tealin's own visions - notably here it's the Watch I think where she seems to interpret it differently (Carrot, Vimes and Nobby seem to be the main ones). With the Witches too it's Agnes who's concentrated on.

Tealin really is a talented artist but there are so many out there of course - I'd 'found' her about 3 years ago when I wanted an image of Agnes and couldn't find her on the Kidby site - I simply googled Agnes Nitt on the image tab and there wasn't a lot that came up but Nocturnal Soldier was one of the matches - I also found some Great A'tuin art I'd not seen before HERE. So get googling -there must quite a few people out there scribbling away :D

Maybe we should have a fanart thread on here :?: That might even make me pull my crayons out once I have certain things out of my system :oops:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Katariina » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:40 am

I love that picture of Tiffany. I immidiately thought "Studio Ghibli" even before reading the text. Very much the same style.
If Pinocchio says "My nose will grow now", what happens?
Katariina

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Couldn't see any pics of Dotsie :(

I know what she looks like - shame I can't draw :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 pm

A couple of the 'ladies' on the stamp forum dressed as the Aunts for an event and really looked the part - scared the bejesus out of me! :lol:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:03 pm

"Ladies" eh? Hmmm. I can imagine it must have looked pretty scary! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:48 pm

wot real ladies :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Ogg » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:47 pm

A very pleasant way to spend a few minutes on a sunday afternoon I must admit :) Some great artwork on display.
"Without music, life would be a mistake" Nietzsche
Ogg

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:05 pm

I think you'll like this site tony.

http://www.nocturnalsoldier.org/Tealin/ ... index.html
The_Discworldaholic

Next

Return to The Broken Drum