Has anyone seen the Neverwhere film?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Has anyone seen the Neverwhere film?

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:21 pm

I found it on Play.com but haven't quite decided whether to buy it or not.... Is it as good as the book??
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:17 pm

It's actually a TV series - I managed to watch the whole thing on YouTube and enjoyed it. It's a pretty good adaptation. :wink:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:37 pm

i saw the tv series on telly and thought it was quite good compared to the book :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:21 pm

The two bad guys would be great as Mr Pin and Mr Tulip. :D
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Annebn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:35 am

Actually, the TV series is not an adaptation of the book at all. It is the other way around. I have it on video and think it is really good, although some of the special effects are not so great.
"But you read a lot of books, I'm thinking. Hard to have faith, ain't it, when you've read too many books?"
-- Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum
Annebn

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 am

I didn't know that Anne. That makes a lot of sense as they pretty much follow each other. :)
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Return to TV, film, theatre