Going Postal on Sky

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Sat May 08, 2010 8:23 am

My cousin, who is not a fan of Sir pTerry's,but has read Maskerade cos I told her to (she worked at the Opera Hosue Covent Garden for 40 years, and told me it was spot on for the Opera).

She says she has seen the Trailer for Postal and she is "deffinately going to watch it as David Suchet looks excellent and says it more a case of WHO ISN'T in it.
This is praise from her as she knows quite a few of the actors.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby MarkF » Fri May 14, 2010 6:50 am

It certainly looks impressive, from the trailers they haven't skimped on the production values.

I'm like the rest of you, anxious about how some of the characters will be portrayed. I haven't watched any of the other iterations made so far but it would need someone pretty special to be Vetinari or Vimes.

The bloke who is playing MvL looks like he could carry it off (can't think of his name) but it needs to be well paced.

Fingers crossed.
MarkF

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu May 20, 2010 6:54 pm

Oh! there will probably be the usual whinners and snipers about it not being protrayed as they thought or be that faithful to the book per se, instead of being thankful that a film is being made inspite of the current financial situation thats happening. :( :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri May 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Latest confirmation from Sky, It starts May 30th at 6pm on Sky1 and Sky1 HD! and I will have my new cable and tv so I will be able to watch it. :D :D :D :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Kittycat1977 » Fri May 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Can you believe it. For the first time ever my boyfriend has surprised me with a weekend away for my birthday. Can you guess which weekend we are going away for???

Thats right we are going away next weekend and won't get back until the Monday so I will miss the first episode. Sky have shown a few more previews and it looks really good as well.

Gutted (but looking forward to my weekend away)
Never stand behind a cow when it is sneezing.
Kittycat1977

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat May 22, 2010 11:43 am

2nd. episode is on Sunday the 31st but it is sure to be repeated.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby mariekni » Sat May 22, 2010 7:19 pm

kittycat can you not record it? although we are watching it i will also be recording it on sky player to watch again and again if its good. :)
Marie x Mummy-To-Be x

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett.
mariekni

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat May 22, 2010 11:04 pm

What do you mean if it's good, it will be magic. :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Kittycat1977 » Mon May 24, 2010 11:54 am

mariekni wrote:kittycat can you not record it? although we are watching it i will also be recording it on sky player to watch again and again if its good. :)

We can't record it as our stupid video has decided it's not going to co-operate and we don't have sky plus or anything. Never mind as you say I am sure they will repeat it and I have got a lovely long weekend away to look forward to.

Sunny Scarborough here I come!!!!
Never stand behind a cow when it is sneezing.
Kittycat1977

Postby scatty hatty » Tue May 25, 2010 10:16 am

Check out this week's Radio Times (29 May - 4 June). On pages 6 and 7, an item on the Golems :D
Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want.
scatty hatty

Postby scatty hatty » Sun May 30, 2010 7:11 pm

:D Wow, the first episode was fabulous, all the characters were exactly as I imagined them ... eeew the banshee is disgusting :twisted:

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode. :D Oh, was it just me or could they have shed a bit more light on the scenes? :roll:
Last edited by scatty hatty on Mon May 31, 2010 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want.
scatty hatty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun May 30, 2010 7:19 pm

I think it was in keeping with the slightly gloomy/darker part of the story,but I loved it makes me want to read or listen to it again just to refresh my memory. :D
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Alfiesda » Sun May 30, 2010 8:19 pm

it was great, cant wait till tomorrow

ank morpork was as boggin as i imagined and the clacks were better than i imagined

liking the more victorian styles
KILLIN GREYHOUNDS,,, GONAE NO DAE THAT
Alfiesda

Postby mspanners » Mon May 31, 2010 7:37 am

Spoilers ...................................................you have been warned...........................

Over all part 1 Very good, captures the feeling and spirit of the book and some minor reservations about changes from the book....................

Anghammarad....missing

Post master test..............missing

All Golems look identical and not sure if they should

Calling for the Fire Brigade :shock: ..........errr..... its already on fire!

a few other changes like Moist taking Adora Dearheart on Boris on post trip, Vetinari not making an appearance in His coach as Moist Hanged

OK minor grumbles but I think the first half is far superior to the previous Discworld TV show.....at least I could recognise the people from the book in the show, and well done on showing Miss Dearheart as a smoker .... I was almost sure the PC nannies that seam to run everything these days were going to ban showing Her and the bad habit.

I am looking forward to the next installment tonight!
mspanners

Postby scatty hatty » Mon May 31, 2010 8:34 am

mspanners wrote:
a few other changes like Moist taking Adora Dearheart on Boris on post trip,

Hmm, perhaps that's an interesting way for her to explain about her brother's death.

:D Love the credit at the beginning "Mucked about by Terry Pratchett" :D Nice to know he oversees the production, and of course Mr Vadim Jean is always faithful to the original story. Lucky us! :wink:
scatty hatty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum