Death at the Library - The Ephebe whowazzit game

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Death at the Library - The Ephebe whowazzit game

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun May 16, 2010 1:28 pm

Death at the Library

The philosophers of Ephebe have found a corpse in the library! After much arguing if he was truly death and if there is a life after death they informed the Tyrant. The deceased was none other than the disc famous Archimedes the Shrewd! The Tyrant isn't happy about this, Archimedes was working on an invention that could destroy whole fleets, if it would to be made Ephebe's arch-nemesis Tsort wouldn't dare attack Ephebe again and steal a princess! (or did Ephebe stole a princess of Tsort..?).

But it is known that Archimedes stole some of his ideas from the other philosophers and inventors. The disc famous screw he invented was actually the idea of Platokles who wasn't happy about that. The tyrant want's to know what happened and who's behind the murder. Ephebe's philosophers need to be safe!

Roles:
Darius of Tsort
Tsortean with a grudge against all Ephebians but especially philosophers. Kicked out of the guild of assassins for being to sadistic. Every night you are set lose in search of some philosophers to kill together with:

Platokles
Archimedes stole your idea! and now you got your revenge! But why stop at just this one? You could be the greatest philosopher of all Ephebe! You just need to kill some more to make it so! For this you have enlisted the help of Darius. Together you hunt at night for some fresh philosophers!

Didactylos
The Tyrant has tasked you to investigate the murder. As you are one of the few free Ephebians with some common sense. To aid you in doing this, you can take one of the players to your barrel for questioning during each night phase. You may not question the same person twice in a row.
You will discover whether or not your choice is a killer, BUT you will not be able to stop them.

Tigran the Archer
You are a slave in the employment of the city. Together with a few hundred other slaves your tasks were to keep order in the city. The Tyrant has chosen you to guard the citizens. If you succeed you may well get your freedom and you can have some slaves of your own. Each night you will choose one of the citizens you consider most at risk to guard. Whoever you choose to protect will survive any attempt at assassination for that night only. However, if you’ve chosen a person who also has some ability of their own, then they cannot use that ability for the night you’re protecting them. You cannot choose to protect the same person twice in a row, nor are you immune to attack yourself

Who could the killers be? Who can the citizens look to for help? Any of the following could be a killer in disguise, or a saviour:

Bikkit
Crysania
Dotsie
Doughnut Jimmy
Jan van Quirm
Meerkat
MichelanCello
Poohcarrot
Willem

THE RULES

1. No arguing with the Narrator in the main thread. All queries, post mortems or requests for elaboration to be done in the “What do I do now?” thread or by PM if it’s something you cannot discuss in public.

2. When formally voting for someone to be treated as a prime suspect (and get lynched) please make this crystal clear as in “I vote for Mr/Ms X as prime suspect” - or use block capitals etc etc. Do the same sort of thing if you change you mind and want to vote for someone else or to abstain/withdraw your vote - remember you can change your vote up to 3 times during each day phase.

3. Make sure you never reveal your true role to anyone (unless you’re a killer in which case you will know who you’re working with) unless the Narrator says you can – else you’ll end up dead or locked up much quicker…

4. Try not to get too upset with what happens once the killings start - it’s a fun game to play so keep it light-hearted. If you do get lynched you can still take part as a Gawper! – Dr Dotsie Von Finkelstein reanimates those who have been lynched so you can gawp, but not take part in voting of course.

5. Gawpers you may post during the Day Phases, but you may not vote for anyone

6. No posting during a night phase – Gawpers this means you too!

7. Anyone revealing the contents of a PM will be lynched immediately! PMing is really against the spirit of the game, but I can’t stop you… just don’t talk about it, and don’t come running to me if it turns out you’ve been cosying up to a werewolf.

8. Anyone taking part will be a candidate for a special role.

9. The Narrator (me) is always right.

10. If the narrator isn't right rule 9 applies.

Day phases: These last between 2 – 7 real time days to allow the players time to post and to vote for a likely suspect to be taken into safe custody. If everyone has voted by the 4th day then the Narrator will close the voting and announce the start of the…

Night phase: These will generally last up to 48 hours to allow all 4 special roles to PM the Narrator with their decisions.

Further information on gameplay will available in a “What do I do now?” thread where you can post if you need to do so away from the game thread.

Let the game begin!
Last edited by Sjoerd3000 on Sun May 16, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby michelanCello » Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Ok... so, who was it? :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby meerkat » Sun May 16, 2010 7:16 pm

I THINK Pooh did it but I'm not sure! :lol:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Dotsie » Sun May 16, 2010 7:48 pm

He does have a guilty look about him :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby meerkat » Sun May 16, 2010 8:06 pm

Never met him so I couldn't say! Have you a description?
meerkat

Postby Willem » Sun May 16, 2010 8:22 pm

It was Reverend Green in the Library with a Rope!
Willem

Postby meerkat » Sun May 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Willem, wrong game! But a reasonable guess! :lol: :lol:
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun May 16, 2010 9:49 pm

Sorry Michelancello - it's traditional to harangue the 1st poster... :wink:

It woz you wot dun it! We all know it woz you wot dun it, so do us all a favour and admit that you dun it! :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Sun May 16, 2010 10:11 pm

As Dotsie said recently, Sjoerd is crap and never knows who the killers are. It is logical to assume that he doesn't know this time too. Therefore Sjoerd himself is the killer, but doesn't realise. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Mon May 17, 2010 1:04 am

So far;

MichelanCello is looking suspicious coz she posted first. :twisted:
meerkat is also looking very suspicious coz she posted second, started off aggressively and is being gobby. :twisted: :twisted:
If Dotsie is a killer she's either very aggressive or acts like a silly girlie - so probably innocent. :lol:
Willem is probably innocent because his post was a total non-sequita. :lol:
Jan is probably innocent too coz she's just posting for the sake of posting and is talking her usual tosh. :lol:

But I'm not going to vote for a newbie in the first round, so;

I VOTE FOR CRYS
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby meerkat » Mon May 17, 2010 7:58 am

poohcarrot wrote:So far;

MichelanCello is looking suspicious coz she posted first. :twisted:
meerkat is also looking very suspicious coz she posted second, started off aggressively and is being gobby. :twisted: :twisted:
If Dotsie is a killer she's either very aggressive or acts like a silly girlie - so probably innocent. :lol:
Willem is probably innocent because his post was a total non-sequita. :lol:
Jan is probably innocent too coz she's just posting for the sake of posting and is talking her usual tosh. :lol:

But I'm not going to vote for a newbie in the first round, so;

I VOTE FOR CRYS

so far: by Meerkat:

Michelancello: I think is suspicious. Very innocent.
Meerkat: Innocent as she only thought someone ought to stick something on the page and is learning everything from her mentor, Pooh! :lol:
Dotsie: Usual self. Worrying!
Willem: Don't know him at all. Hmm a possible.
Jan: Very good at these type of games. Can keep cool in hot spots. another possible.
Crys: Haven't heard from Crys so presume she is keeping a low profile.
Pooh: Usual self! :evil:.

I VOTE FOR POOH!
meerkat

Postby Dotsie » Mon May 17, 2010 8:33 am

poohcarrot wrote: meerkat is also looking very suspicious coz she posted second, started off aggressively and is being gobby. :twisted: :twisted:
But according to your gobby coefficient rules, gobbiness means innocence, does it not?

poohcarrot wrote:If Dotsie is a killer she's either very aggressive or acts like a silly girlie - so probably innocent. :lol:
So I'm not being either now then? :P I'm always the killer! Which proves that once again, Sjoerd can't find his bum with a map, since he thinks I'm not.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 am

meerkat wrote:Dotsie: Usual self. Worrying!
Hey! :lol:
Dotsie

Postby meerkat » Mon May 17, 2010 8:45 am

Hey, if you can keep your cool while all around you others are losing thiers and blaming it on you.....

Nothing untoward. Infact, when you think about it, it's very flattering!
meerkat

Postby Dotsie » Mon May 17, 2010 8:50 am

Ok, cool is alright. I can live with that 8)
Dotsie

Next

Return to Games