DVD Avatar.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

DVD Avatar.

Postby Tiffany » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:34 pm

I have bought the DVD of Avatar, from Tesco with another & got Avatar for £7. (The other DVD, Penguins of Madagascar was £9.97) A good saving & well worth it. They wanted £15.97 for Up! :shock: the other one I would have bought.
My friend & I will watch Avatar again, (we saw it first in the cinema,) on Monday evening. She doesn't know I've got it yet, nice surprise for her. :)
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Willem » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:06 pm

I hope it's an enjoyable movie on the small screen without the fancy 3D :)
Willem

Postby Tiffany » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:29 pm

I'm sure it will be, Willem, as someone has already said, it probably doesn't need 3D to enhance it. I'll let you know when I've seen it. :)
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Sat May 01, 2010 10:16 am

I didnt see it in 3D cos most 3d movies werent that great at teh time. Regret that now. :x :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Tiffany » Mon May 03, 2010 11:05 pm

It is just as good in 2D, but better on the big screen though, you don't get as much drama with the TV screen. Now why did I talk OH out of getting that home cinema screen. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Tue May 04, 2010 11:17 am

Ok.

Cheers.

PS. Remind me what OH stands for again, i feel a bit lost whenever someone mentions it. :wink:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 04, 2010 11:36 am

Other Half, Ponder :D.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby theoldlibrarian » Tue May 04, 2010 5:32 pm

I have a friend who runs a chain of department stores (Yes, he's filthy rich) and apparently the DVD manufacturers are charging the retailers a ridiculous price for the DVDs so a lot of shops are losing money on them and using them as a loss leader or to get rid of other DVDs.
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Postby chris.ph » Tue May 04, 2010 5:35 pm

i watched it on my nice big telly at the weekend and it was brilliant :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tiffany » Tue May 04, 2010 8:47 pm

How big is it, Chris? :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue May 04, 2010 9:22 pm

Tiffany wrote:How big is it, Chris? :D
If Chris tells you it's bigger than 12" he's boasting. :wink: c'mon someone had to lower the tone with that question being asked :lol: :twisted: :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue May 04, 2010 10:48 pm

:twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby bruniezm » Mon May 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi,

Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will enable him to walk. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush jungle-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms, some beautiful, many terrifying. ‘A band of humans are pitted in a battle against a distant planet's indigenous population. And then it shows the how the people of earth that is we peoplle treat the other person when we go there.
bruniezm

Postby shelke » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:17 pm

You could've just bought Pocahontas.
shelke

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 pm

Yeah but Pocahontas is a cop-out Disney film and the Europeans were mostly nice... :P

Actually Jake wasn't chosen for the Avatar programme - his identical twin brother was chosen because he was academic and had studied the language of the Na'vi. The twin got killed and despite his physical disability Jake was selected for the Avatar that contained his brother's DNA (they 'grew' the Avatar body from Na'vi and human gene material tailored to people specifically selected to operate Avatars 'shells'). This was on the basis that he was a close enough genetic match to inhabit the bespoke body without it rejecting him. Getting the use of his legs back was the reward for him - if Jake hadn't agreed to take part in the programme they would have had to junk his brother's Avatar vehicle altogether as no one else could use it. :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Return to TV, film, theatre