ONLY The Story about Discworld Thread ~ NO CHAT! :p

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:37 am

Andre(undercover watchman)

Cheery! Whooah-Watch it! Its just me; Andre.
What are you doing here?
I was tracking a group of, well...you'd better come in here, away from the crowd.

There! I found these smugglers trying to break into this storage room. It doesn't look like it gets used much; Igor would like it here.
I've bound them up but then I heard a commotion upstairs; something about the sun going off. Next thing I know i wake up and find they've scarpered. They've left their stuff here, though.
What did happen out there?
Last edited by Ponder Stibbons on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

Narrator

Draw back from the dank, dirty room, and you will see a typical Ankh-Morpork mob; large, nervous, desperate to get their money back; even those who aren't owed any. A small, portable food stall weaves through the crowd, purveying its wares, and probably a lot of other things besides.
Let the eye of imagination draw back even further, till the whole of the Disc can be seen, with the great, glittering star turtle, Great A'Tuin below, old as time, patient as a brick(sorry for the stealing from TLF).
It hasn't noticed the brief flickering of the celestial beings, being far too slow-thinking to notice, and having seen much better special effects before-hand, as training.
Trying not to think too fast, the astrochelonian does what it does best; absolutely nothing.
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Cheery » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 pm

"Err... er, just as you said, the sun went off and then on again... Mister Vimes thinks one of the wizard's experiments went wrong. It's going to be quite loud once he gets there."
Suddenly there was distant shouting and cheery sighed.
"There. See what I mean? He hasn't had the best day." Suddenly she seemed to remember something. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you suppost to be on special mission with Angua? Mister Vimes is very keen to have it done..."
Footsteps indicated that someone was entering the library.
"Let's talk this over somewhere else" Cheery hissed and pulled Andre with between two shelves.
five seconds later, a figure appeared in the gloom.
Cheery

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Andre

Around them, the books hissed and occasionally gave off the random spark of magic.
A dark figure moved past the opposite shelf, hooded, mysterious, completely inept at navigation. Books flew off their shelves and broke free of their chains as the figure passed, to a chorus of 'Ooks' from the distant bookshelves.
"Shh..." whispered Andre, as Cheery gasped. "He might hear you..."
A few minutes later, the figure dissapeared. Blinking, the books appeared never to have moved.
"You saw that too, didn't you?" asked Andre hurriedly, "Its not just me,"
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Cheery » Tue May 25, 2010 7:33 pm

"I did see it, yes... Who... what... what was that, d'you think?"
Andre shrugged. "A wizard?"
"Wizards don't wear black hoods. They don't have anything to hide. Him on the other hand..."
Cheery peered around the bookshelf cauciously, in case the stranger came back. But all she saw was the usual dusty darkness.
"I think it's clear" she whispered. Andre wanted to step forward, but walked straight into Cheery's arm. Being a dwarf, she was surprisingly strong for her appearance. "No, hold on!" she hissed. "Something's wrong here. We should go and tell Mister Vimes, before..."
She froze.
Andre had gripped her arm so tightly, it nearly hurt. "Do. Not. Turn. Around." he whispered. "You really, really do not want to see that."
Cheery swallowed hard, feeling the terror rising in her stomach. But she was far too curious to run.

She turned around...
Cheery

Previous

Return to Games