Graphic Discworld Novels

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Graphic Discworld Novels

Postby Tiffany » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm

Today, I bought, for my OH to give me for Christmas, 8) two Graphic books. The Colour Of Magic & The Light Fantastic, two books in one, hardback. The other is the paperback edition of Guards, Guards.

They look as if they'll be great fun, but I'll not read them yet, as OH has to pack them in Christmas paper for me, I'll open & read them on Christmas Day, while he is cooking our meal. :lol: :lol:

Has anyone else got any & how many have they published? I want more. :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Ezekiel000 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:15 pm

The only other book to be converted to a comic is Mort:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mort-Big-Comic- ... 366&sr=8-5

There is also Eric (Original Edition) and The Last Hero that are illustrated novels.
Ezekiel000

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:16 pm

And of course there is Eric and The Last Hero which are both designed as graphic novels though not in the traditional sense.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Tiffany » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Many thanks, Ezekie000 & Jason.
I'll look out for Mort & Eric.
I do have The Last Hero.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Dotsie » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:12 am

Tiff, sounds like you've got that man sorted :wink: Any tips?
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Dotsie wrote:Tiff, sounds like you've got that man sorted :wink: Any tips?

He always cooks Christmas dinner, Dotsie, as he doesn't like it burnt or under cooked :D
As to presents, well he never buys any, I have to get everyone of them, original Scrooge :D , so, I also get my own with the plastic & what I want for me as well :D It's only when he checks the statement he says"How much did you spend! :?: :?: !" :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chris.ph » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:01 pm

i never buy presents either im always working to pay for the pressies she buys :) id rather give money give everybody a fiver each they can buy wotever they like then :lol: :lol:
and i could cook christmas lunch if i wasnt going to the pub with my mates :twisted: and do a much better job as i used to be a chef. hopefully shell do the dishes whilst im sleeping off the lager and grub :twisted: :twisted:
on a final note if my misses so this message i would be sleeping in the car until christmas :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:42 pm

Jason wrote:And of course there is Eric and The Last Hero which are both designed as graphic novels though not in the traditional sense.
Hmmm... I'd call them illustrated novels rather than graphic ones. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:19 pm

chris.ph wrote:i never buy presents either im always working to pay for the pressies she buys :) id rather give money give everybody a fiver each they can buy wotever they like then :lol: :lol:
and i could cook christmas lunch if i wasnt going to the pub with my mates :twisted: and do a much better job as i used to be a chef. hopefully shell do the dishes whilst im sleeping off the lager and grub :twisted: :twisted:
on a final note if my misses so this message i would be sleeping in the car until christmas :lol:

Gimme her email addy, I'll soon show her :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tiffany » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:19 pm

I have now got the paperback edition of The Last Hero. It is a smaller book than the hardback & easier to read, not so heavy, in weight, I mean :D Another present to me from OH. He is really gonna regret saying 'buy what you want', to me. :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Ezekiel000 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Tiffany wrote:I have now got the paperback edition of The Last Hero. It is a smaller book than the hardback & easier to read, not so heavy, in weight, I mean :D Another present to me from OH. He is really gonna regret saying 'buy what you want', to me. :lol:

He really is spoiling you (and he doesn't even know it yet) :D
Ezekiel000

Postby Tiffany » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:01 pm

I also bought Alan Titchmarsh's latest book Folly, while I was at it. :lol: It was half price in WH Smith's though :lol:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Jason » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:42 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Jason wrote:And of course there is Eric and The Last Hero which are both designed as graphic novels though not in the traditional sense.
Hmmm... I'd call them illustrated novels rather than graphic ones. :?

Thanks Tony - that was the words I was looking for but couldn't extract from my scrambled mind.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Dotsie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:30 am

chris.ph wrote:and i could cook christmas lunch if i wasnt going to the pub with my mates :twisted: and do a much better job as i used to be a chef.

Yes, and you only gave yourself food poisoning twice! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:37 pm

and i was only drunk for one of those occurances :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Next

Return to Latest books