Where do you buy your DW books and at what price?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Where do you buy your DW books and at what price?

Postby Marco » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Hey guys, bit nervous seeing as it is my first topic on this forum. The title says it all: 'Where do you buy your DW books and at what price?'

I tend to buy them in Books etc. always in airport and good for reading on travels.

They sell for RRP I believe, seven quid or so.

Please lock the thread if this has been created before Tony. :)
[Insert witty signature here]
Marco

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 am

No problem Marco - I don't think we've discussed this before. I tend to get my new books as hardback first editions from Tesco for around 10 quid. These days I tend to get two copies so I can take one to Sharlene in Tucson.

I often haunt charity shops as well and get used copies for every day reading.

If I read a first edition I take the dust cover off and replace it with an old plastic cover from a book I got at a library sale - to protect the book. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Willem » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:21 am

Iget mine (hardcovers when they are released) at Play.com - takes a bit longer to get to Holland, but the price difference is pretty huge. Used to get paperbacks on trips to London for RRP (although there was often a 3 for 2 sale going on). Keeping an eye out for hardcovers to replace my worn-out paperbacks, without much luck. Not in a big hurry with that though.
Willem

Postby bikkit » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:39 am

I found some in the attic :D most are from waterstones or amazon. But i got my second copy of monsterous regiment for 10p from a library sale (it was a hardback as well. large print version)

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Tiffany » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:44 am

The first pbs I bought from Waterstones & Smiths, ditto the new hb's & a few from Tesco. I have found a lot more h & pbs from car boot sales & some from charity shops.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:57 pm

I own only one DW book :cry: :cry: :cry: and it's a new paperback.I bought it at a bookstore(which I think is called Exclusive Books?not quite sure though.) for R115 and the other DW books are R125.Does anyone know what the price converts to in the UK?
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 pm

Just over 11 pounds. :P

Here's the site I use for currency conversions;

http://www.xe.com/ucc/
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Thanks poohcarrot.I have one other question how much is a Quid? :?
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Wait...I looked it up and it said that Quid and Pound are the same thing so......I'M PAYING A LOT FOR A PAPERBACK! arn't I :( :(
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Tiffany » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:48 pm

New paperbacks are aprox £7.99 here, so yes, they are dearer than ours but not by that much.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:08 pm

:( I don't know if I should buy preread paperback's and then when I have them all,invest in hardbacks to replace them.
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Marco » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm

I'll be making a thread with the cheapest prices possible for paperbacks if you are interested :)
[Insert witty signature here]
Marco

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:50 pm

Marco wrote:I'll be making a thread with the cheapest prices possible for paperbacks if you are interested :)

Thats nice Marco but I don't know if it would be cheaper for me 'cause It would have to be sent all the way to SA first.
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby chris.ph » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:33 pm

i preorder mine from amazon :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby mariekni » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:07 pm

i buy mine from amazon, i am currently trying to buy the whole diskworld series 1 book at a time, the actual book cost 1p and the postage is about 2pound 70 something so quite cheap really! :D
Marie x Mummy-To-Be x

“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” Terry Pratchett.
mariekni

Next

Return to Discworld novels