Discworld/Dreamworlds RP - Help wanted! (no need to join)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Thanks there Meerkat - your account's activated now. :wink: PLease read the activation email sent as there are adult parts of the site you may opt out of using if you wish (that is if you do not wish to use them we can switch it so you don't have it as on your menu options) :)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Looks interesting Jan, I might come over and play
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Feel free to have a look around DJ although the Celtic & Disc forums are off view to guests as they're both 'testing' still (Arda's open but it may scare the pants off you there's so much of it... :twisted: )
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quark » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:52 am

I can't find the DW forums! :(
Quark

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:34 am

it's just 2 threads :wink: I'll PM you over there later :)
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:43 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Feel free to have a look around DJ although the Celtic & Disc forums are off view to guests as they're both 'testing' still (Arda's open but it may scare the pants off you there's so much of it... :twisted: )

Think I get enough of the Disc over here Jan it's the Tolkien stuff that looks most fun, but there sure is a lot of it. Will stumble around a bit more once my account's active if I can manage it without upsetting all you middle earth buffs :)
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:13 pm

:oops: Far too much going on last night DJ - I've sent you an email re Activating your account but I forgot to flick the switch to activate your account. :roll:

Many apologies - is all ready for you to go a-posting now :D

With the new Discworld planning area (which you'll be able to see now) I explain a bit more as this will be different from over here in that the emphasis will be more on roleplay (far more than on here) so another dimension for people that isn't really available on here. This is why Tony and Jason kindly let me plug DreamWorlds over here as we're offering something over there that isn't really available over here :shock: :lol: (sorry Toot peeps but you're just mucking about really :wink: )

I know roleplay isn't everyone's cuppa but it's what I find interesting 'creatively' for Discworld as it's so adaptable (I don't do art or fanfic myself although I do for Tolkien) - the Disc forum will be different over there in other words! :wink:

Also a pooh-free zone now, unless he decides to stop being so noble and comes back to bedevil us some more and yank some red-neck tails? How about it smartypants - Red Sarah can ride again... :P :wink:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 pm

No worries Jan, haven't had much time to look at it anyway today, thank goodness its now the weekend!

And thanks for sorting it :D
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Quark » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Damn! I was messing around with a Linux media centre and I broke the settings for my wireless router... it's taken a few days to get fixed, and I missed the forums opening :(
Quark

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:44 pm

:lol: No worries Quark - there isn't much to see (yet). This is real time cyber evolution - we should have some up and playing in - ooooooo a million years or so give or take? :wink:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quark » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:46 pm

Oh well... It shouldn't take long to rectify :twisted: . *Revises Commander Vimes quotes*
Quark

Postby meerkat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Jan, still feeling my way around DW but like what I see already and so easy to use.

I am just dipping my toe in the water at the moment but soon hope to be wading and then swimming!

Congrats, it must have been a lot of hard work.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Labour of lurve meerkat! - :lol:

I know practically everyone on there too, some of them since early 2005 when I joined my first 'proper' RP forum. That was a big, sprawling and sadly, eventually a toxic site. It now has 88,000 'members', though the active population there's about double the size of this board in reality - sad fact of life, but also what makes forums such great online communities. :wink:

As always it's the people who are the best thing about a forum and with this one and our wee but talented and v. friendly membership, we hope to keep the cosy atmos going despite the potential scope - by inertia we're going to have keep the moderating at a minimum and as unobtrusive as possible on there. We'll try v. hard to avoid all the pitfalls of some places I've loved but had to leave, because of the pettiness and downright nastiness caused by restrictive and sometimes downright despotic administration. Although I did enjoy reading The Little Red Book - Miaow! :shock: :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quark » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:55 pm

A lot of the communities I've seen are in a real mess. Facepunch, 4Chan, Icannt; they're all in a constant battle between the bloggers, the trolls, and the admins :shock: . No RP forum could possibly be as bad as them. People literally get banned for saying 'hello' in the wrong forum. :evil:
Quark

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Know the syndrome well - :?

This TP forum is practically unique in being so easy-going and in part I think it's to do with how Terry writes and the intelligent and often gentle and kind humour he uses. That and Tony being the patron saint of moderators! :lol:

Forums like that are like the clubs that you wouldn't want to belong to if they accepted you as a member (apologies to Groucho :lol: )... bullies paradises and control freaks :roll:
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to Games