I have a theory...Do you have a theory?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 am

:lol: :lol:
There was one i came up with a while ago but i can't remember it now. THe e=mc2 one was actually my friends'
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:34 pm

Here are two of my many theories on Japan.

1. Cigs are cheap because the govt has a big problem with an aging population and wants to kill off as many old people as possible.

2. A lot of Japanese wear glasses because they strain there eyes trying to read all that Kanji with loads of tiny little strokes.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:13 am

Here's my theory.
All subjects and objects are linked by L-space. Anything can be linked to anything. For example, you would think penguins and carrots have nothing to do with each other. In fact, penguins are also a chocolate. The first flavour of penguins is mint. Minty is carrot's girlfriend from Guards! Guards! backwards. The carrot is also a plant. Hence, penguins and carrots are extremely related.

A living example is the majority of people in my school, who can link absolutely anything with gross stuff, given the incentive. :oops: :lol:
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby bikkit » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:39 pm

my school can link almost anything with twilight :evil:

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby mspanners » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 am

As dark matter/energy appears to make up approximately 4/5 of the matter/energy of the Universe and we cannot directly detect it then it must exist either within sub dimensions and thus account for the relative weakness of Gravity in relation to the other Fundamental Universal forces or exists in a slightly different time line and that there are only 4 other Mult-Universes and not an infinite number as speculated by cosmologists! Each of the Multi-Universes has approximately 1/5 of the shared matter/energy created on the Big Bang......and that they can only detect their 1/5th and we are dark energy/matter to them. :shock:
mspanners

Postby Penfold » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:59 am

Mspanners wrote:Each of the Multi-Universes has approximately 1/5 of the shared matter/energy created on the Big Bang......and that they can only detect their 1/5th and we are dark energy/matter to them.

Does this mean that there are only a maximum of 5 multi-universes? Image :wink:
Last edited by Penfold on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby mystmoon » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:34 pm

Penfold wrote:
Quark wrote:Each of the Multi-Universes has approximately 1/5 of the shared matter/energy created on the Big Bang......and that they can only detect their 1/5th and we are dark energy/matter to them.

Does this mean that there are only a maximum of 5 multi-universes? Image :wink:

If you believe Red Dwarf
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Willem » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 pm

I think it's 1 multi-verse, containing 5 universes :)
Willem

Postby Penfold » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Sorry but the original quote was from Mspanners and not Quark as I erroneously stated. I have gone back and edited to correct this. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Willem wrote:I think it's 1 multi-verse, containing 5 universes

The original quote says multi-verses. Ergo, there must be more than one multi-verse - each containing 5 universes. Image :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby mspanners » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 am

Ya..... I think the Multiversity consists of Five separate Universes each one either in slightly different Dimensions or time slice and are connected by Gravity, this would explain why Gravity is so weak in comparison to the other Fundamental forces such as Nuclear weak/strong for example... this is not a new theory but I have modified it as the original idea was for there being Two universes joined by tiny dimensional connections.... but I think that five would make more sense as it would explain the proportions between what we can see and what is actually there..... :) About a ratio of 1-5 visible/dark matter-energy.
mspanners

Postby wicked woman » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:29 pm

Doh
wicked woman

Postby mspanners » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:59 am

For anyone who struggles with the idea of multi dimensional Universes the idea is basically that our universe is a Cosmic string that has collided in 11 (or so) Hyper Dimensional space with another Cosmic String (or,as I think, Five of them) and the resulting massive energy of the Hyper Dimensional pile up was the Big Bang.

Now the idea of more Dimensions then we can detect may sound strange but I put it to you that there are things in the Universe that were until only a few Years ago were unknown, Black Holes in space, Radio waves (You can not see these but they are still there!),Neutrinos and so on.

So if we can accept the premise that the Dimensions actually exists we can move on to String Theory, this Theory has the idea that there is a limit to how small matter can be, if for example we start with a Atom of Hydrogen and take it apart we find it is made of Electrons and A Proton ... now Disassemble the Proton or electron and we find it is made up of smaller sub partials and energy (Quarks......Star Trek fans fav Bar Tender!).

Now how far can we keep looking for smaller and smaller objects..... String Theory has the idea that at the smallest level the objects are in fact open and closed Strings or bands of potential energy vibrating in the 11 Dimensions and it is the way they move or vibrate that gives them their properties.

And it is they way they interact that makes the Universe work in the way it does.

Now if you could capture a String and pump Massive amounts of energy into it it would expand like a Balloon, or more like an unburstable Tyre inner tube...

Imagine what would happen to that..

..as the energy expands the Closed String or Band it starts to look like A Balloon.

The hole in the center closes and the outer surface expands outward....

... this is what many think happened to create our Universe, a closed string moving at Hyper Light Speeds though Hyper Space collided with one or move other Strings and the energy of the collision was pumped into and thus expanded the String or Strings (Big Bang).

Hope this helps! :shock:
mspanners

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 pm

:D Nice theory. I didnt read all of it. :oops:

I have two theories.

One is backing up terry's theory that things only exist if you believe them. Things only appear when you want them. Since the Terry Brooks guys came on, i havent gone to a bookshop till today.
AArrgh!! Suddenly, after not finding any tp books and picking up Wicked, i come across what must have been teh whole shanara series and got First King of Shanara. Then, i found two whole shelfs of Neil Gaiman, including American Gods and someone begining with a's boys. I didnt get any of those. Then, after deciding on those books, i finally come across a section of half the discworld books. And i cant get all of them :evil: Well, i probably could, but i'm not that much of a go-getter. I got the second and 5th. :twisted:

Second is a bit long and i might need to think it out, so itll come later. It involves time paradoxes :twisted:
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby mystmoon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:20 pm

I have a theory that if I keep an umbrella in my bag, it won't rain :D
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:49 pm

...and if I keep a condom in my wallet, I'll never have sex. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to Games