Terrys daughter

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:33 pm

:lol: He sounds lovely Chris - cats may be easier to cuddle but dogs are there just 'cos they love you and not 'cos they want a warm up...
Gotta love cats - they're horrible little egoists but they have such style :wink:

(I wouldn't let a cat within clawing distance of an ileostomy bag though *shudders*)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:53 pm

chris.ph wrote:the main problem ivegot is him not crushing my ileostomy bag when hes having a cooch :lol: :lol:

Oh, man! :roll: :D That's a problem right enough!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Thanks for the article Tony! :D I've never read that before. It was great. We're cat people too. Now, saying that I have to also say that we love dogs. It's just that we love other people's dogs. We did own a Samoyed for several years. He was a rescue and hands down the most loving, well behaved dog I'd ever known. We lost him early this year to old age. :( But, we won't be getting another dog. I always felt like he never got enough attention, which made me feel guilty. Not to mention the cost and work that you need to put into a dog is substantial! I could have fed a small nation on the grooming costs alone. :shock:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Nienna » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:30 pm

Rhianna was involved with Firefly?? I was wondering why so many of you were interested in the Serenity comics! Lol. I loved Firefly but the emphasis was always on Joss Whedon, so I never bothered to find out who else was involved with it. What did she do?
Nienna

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:26 am

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but Wow, ty. I have saved the article in my text documents. I had a feeling he liked cats due to Deaths' reactions to cats and now it comes together. Nothing wrong with a good dog either, when I was little we had a Cat first, then got a dog. OMG what a comedy routine they were together. :lol: :lol: We have a Mess of barn cats (outside) and two completely neurotic cats inside the cabin who ... oh what would be the word... well, suffice to say that they are kept separate. What a chore that is too. One cannot stand Any other cats and the other is Afraid of all other cats but, for some unfathomed reason wants desparately to be friends or at least share the same space as the other. :lol: :?

Baby Bear, the fraidy cat will fling her Huge fat body at the door of Momma Cat, (see how inventive we are with names???) until my bedroom door opens and Momma Cat will then climb to the top of the closet cupboard and stay there until Baby Bear is forcibly removed. I suspect that when we are not home, they play about and have far more fun than we can imagine.

Reading the bit about the cat sitting in TP's Drawer while he writes is a Hoot! I just adore the man, his wife and his daughter. Even More now. :D
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:02 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:http://www.denofgeek.com/siteimage/scale/800/600/25924.png

She's very pretty.
Must take after her mum then. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:16 am

:D :D :D

I just tried Google Images for Lyn, and there's nowt. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

She's obviously a very private person. Neither she or their daughter wanted to appear in the Alzheimer's programme that Terry did for the BBC recently.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 am

I'm pretty sure that Terry's daughter came along to some of the early Clarecraft events with him. :D
Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:29 am

We all know terrys based characters on real life people i wonder if hes ever based one on his daughter?
The_Discworldaholic

Postby nickinwestwales » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 am

Only a long term cat feeder ( the word owner is,in this context,meaningless)could have written Greebo-the distilled essence of tomcat.
We too are serial cattists-they appear at the back door,looking to be one more missed meal away from death and stare meaningfully at you until you get the hint and put out some food--two weeks later (with a dose of Front Line and a shot of wormer) they are competing with you for bed space,the chair by the radiator,food (Esme W. is especially fond of chicken,Lucozade (..?????..) cold tea and left-over cereal milk-late & lamented Ogg (old Oggle was my favourite ) -a particulaly derelict example-would follow a moroccan woodbine round the room,sitting on each recipients chest and inhaling deeply-I suspect it eased her arthritis,Mewsli & Alley are both desperate for affection but much given to dribbling and daft as a box of rocks

ATB
Nick
nickinwestwales

Postby deldaisy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Gosh I love newbies digging up long forgotten threads :D This one is wonderful
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby The Mad Collector » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:26 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I'm pretty sure that Terry's daughter came along to some of the early Clarecraft events with him. :D

She was also at one of the early Wincanton events, Terry introduced her as a single daughter of a multi-millionaire and then said he was keeping a close eye on all of us. :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Pearwood » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 am

I remember reading an article Rhianna Pratchett wrote for Hotdog magazine about fantasy films where she described Conan as a Marvel Comics creation! Being a huge Robert E. Howard fan and a bit of a pedantic tit at the time I took great exception to that :wink:
Pearwood

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:25 am

Pearwood the Pedant - sounds like a good hero name. :lol:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books