Childrens TV Time Travel

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Danny B » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Welcome back, Lady V. Good to see you posting again. :)

For myself, a perfect piece of 80's nostalgia is this. My favourite show as a kid and I'll admit to still watching episodes when it gets its periodic re-airings on satellite. I can't count the amount of nights the smaller me drifted off to sleep imagining me helping them out.

I was also more than a bit partial to Knightmare, as well as the magnificent, underrated and unjustly forgotten Grotbags. I was also deeply affected by a live action children's chiller called the The Green Man, about a haunted tree, for which I can find no youtube clips. Lordy, it scared me witless back then. I'd love to see how it stands up watching it as an adult*.

* At least, in the eyes of the law. Mrs B. may disagree entirely with my describing myself as an "adult".
Danny B

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:28 pm

I liked Grotbags and Knightmare as well but only saw them if I was off sick or on a day off :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:52 pm

I adored Grotbags and Knightmare.

Anyone remember T-Bag and T-Shirt?
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby mystmoon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Why was I born in the 90's? Some of this 80's stuff looks good! At least from the point of someone raised on Hullabaloo and Tellytubbies
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre