PS3 vs. XBox 360 Comparison

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

PS3 vs. XBox 360 Comparison

Postby ashtonfarell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:30 pm

I always used to believe xbox 360 was better than the ps3 since most people i knew bought xbox 360
but as i researched a bit ,i found out the following facts

although the ps3 didn't have many titles in the beginningg but now it has almost equivalentt to an xbox 360

ps3 always had better raw power and in the future advance gaming would not be possible in a xbox 360 in comparison to a ps3

ps3 has online gaming free and the community is also getting better

ps3 has very less problems

ps3 is less noisier than an xbox 360

ps3 has a blue ray

ps3 has morecomfortablee controller and also keyboards or something like that can be attached to a ps3

we can install windows on ps3 ,i don't know if its legal or not

although xbox 360 has great exclusives like halo 3 and gears of war 2 but so does ps3

but an xbox 360 has better Accessoriess if u r willing to buy them

an xbox 360 at the moment has better online community than a ps3

microsoft have better marketing than sony although this point is irrelevant

xbox 360 is cheap

do u agree and which is a better buy?
ashtonfarell

Postby Penfold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Helloooo and welcome to the forum :)

I can't really compare the two. I used to have a PS2, which was good enough I suppose but now I really couldn't consider anything other than my PC for gaming.

PS. Might I suggest you pop into the Welcome and Introduce Yourself Thread in the Broken Drum. We don't bite.....honest :wink: (actually, some might nibble a bit :lol: )
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:45 am

My knowledge is somewhat limited, but I'd just like to say that X box is pants. It's not Japanese. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Quark » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 pm

I truly hated the PS3 in the beginning - it seemed to be aiming for nothing but raw power, and I kind of assumed it was for graphics whores. Since discovering the infamous Red Ring of Death on the Xbox, the fact that the PS3 actually has a motion controller, and that the Wii has descended so far into family-friendliness that people wear protective clothing in the game, I must admit I've been more open-minded towards it.
Having never played it, though, I can't say. But Project Natal looks interesting.

Me? I'm a PC gamer all the way. Eat my overclock! :D

And finally... welcome to the madhouse :twisted:
Quark

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:26 pm

well i got a ps3 and all i can say is wow wouldnt change it for anything, i know people that have gone through 5 xboxes so that says it all for me really, but if your unsure which to go for forget all the technical mumbo jumbo, go for the games preferences at the end of the day, which platform exclusive games suits you best and go with that.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby theoldlibrarian » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Ps3s dont break as easily. They look cooler. Have better graphics. More powerful engine. Free online. Don't need a wired connection. Have an internet browser. Can play Blue Ray. Has the game Resistance, can play all the old ps2 and ps1 games. makes less noise.
X-box has more games(excluding old generation games). You are more likely to have friends who own one. Cheaper(before x-box live etc.) Games like Halo etc.
Ps3 is definitely better.
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Postby Quark » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:01 am

I don't mean to tread on the toes of any Halo fans, but a lot of the ideas in the game (especially the original) are unnervingly similar to those in previous games. I mean, look at the Flood. Now look at the headcrabs. They're both a parasitic species. They both try to jump on your head and take over your brain. They both turn people into zombies. And they both have three distinct kinds of zombie - normal, fast, and 'host'.
Quark

Re: PS3 vs. XBox 360 Comparison

Postby Bickaxe » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:18 pm

From your arguments, I would guess that you're a PS3 fanboy You have made some glaring errors though...

ashtonfarell wrote:ps3 has more comfortable controller and also keyboards or something like that can be attached to a ps3

Microsoft have better marketing than Sony although this point is irrelevant

The 360 controller is the most comfortable one on the market of all the consoles that many people that own both consoles will attest to, you can also use it on a PC, not sure if the PS3 one can do that.

You can plug in a keyboard and mouse to a 360 using the USB sockets.

Why put in an irrelevant point? Sony is the bigger corporation but due to a poor launch and over pricing, the PS3 has taken some time to make an impact with the majority of people opting for the 360 as it was and still is better supported.

Compared to the power of the PC though, they both lag waaay behind :twisted:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Quark » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 am

It's like I've always said. You can do everything on a PC that you can do on either console... and if it's a good one, probably at the same time. If a game is released on a console but not a PC... I want to know why. So I can throw Wiimotes at them.
Quark

Return to Games