You learn something new each day.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

You learn something new each day.

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 pm

The saying goes - You learn something new each day.

Today I learned that there's a Transylvanian cricket Club and that cricket in Romania can be traced back to 2005. :D

What have you learned today?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 pm

I learned that you learned that there is a Transylvanian cricket Club and that cricket in Romania can be traced back to 2005.

:lol: :twisted:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby wicked woman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:43 pm

:lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:
wicked woman

Postby Danny B » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:24 am

I learned that Batty learned about you learning that there is a Transylvanian Cricket Club and that cricket in Romania can be traced back to 2005...

Also, I learned that vegetable oil is not a suitable substitute for butter/margarine when making a sandwich.

Further to the above, I learned that a 2.5 mile walk to an all night supermarket seems much further in the dark.

A further learning experience for me, was that that China has altered the rotation of the earth! :shock:
Danny B

Postby janet » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:40 am

Danny B wrote:I learned that Batty learned about you learning that there is a Transylvanian Cricket Club and that cricket in Romania can be traced back to 2005...

Also, I learned that vegetable oil is not a suitable substitute for butter/margarine when making a sandwich.

Further to the above, I learned that a 2.5 mile walk to an all night supermarket seems much further in the dark.

A further learning experience for me, was that that China has altered the rotation of the earth! :shock:

Happy to give some tips on household management if you need them DannyB but not so convinced about China :o
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:32 am

<Also, I learned that vegetable oil is not a suitable substitute for butter/margarine when making a sandwich.

Try using olive oil instead. Image :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Morty » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:21 am

I learned that the way to Batty's heart is with a bacon buttie and I've been cookin with gas all day :oops:
Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:49 am

Today I've learned that nothing is as simple as you think it's going to be.

My friend Lorraine is away for a few days and I'm feeding her cats. She asked me to fit a new keyboard and mouse to her computer as she'd amanged to squash all the pins in the plugs of the old ones when she thought the plugs screwed in. :roll:

So I arrived this morning and found a note asking if I could fit a plug to her speakers as well as she'd used that plug on her TV set. :roll:

So I fitted the keyboard and mouse, fitted the plug, booted the computer and found that the socket for the monitor had come adrift of the motherboard and won't go back on again easily. :roll:

So I've now salvaged a socket from my old computer which I'll try and fit later. :roll:

I'd only just got the computer working again after her rabbit ate through all the cables. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:58 am

I've learnt how to paste photos onto this site! Wahoo!! :D
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Dotsie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:20 pm

I've learned that Tony needs to screen his calls :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Quark » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:36 pm

I learned never to press buttons without looking when one reloads the level and one deletes all the server settings :oops: . My friend wasn't happy about that.
Quark

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:49 pm

I have learnend that Prayer beads are quite easy to break. It wasn't mine but a friend's :wink:

A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby And » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:05 am

I learned, from chatting to one of my distance learning students, that there are creatures called fruit beetles and domino cockroaches which can be kept as pets. I also learned that praying mantises (mantids?) sell for £3-£4 each, which isn't bad going when sixty hatch in one go. But, apparently, feeding the babies is a total pain.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
And

Postby Zephyr » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:15 am

I learned that there is such a thing as the end of your rope.

I also learned you can break a trash compactor by kicking it.
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -Seneca
Zephyr

Postby Phoenix » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:25 am

Today I learned that signing up to newsletters from bead shops creates more temptation than I can resist :P they were very pretty things though :wink:

I also learned that whenever I see a picture of something beaded, I try to see how it's made and whether I can make it too :D It kind of ruins buying jewellery from shops though, it's cheaper and often better quality to make it yourself!
Hah! I laugh in the face of danger... Then I hide until it goes away.

+++ Out of Spoons Error +++ Redo From Start +++
Phoenix

Next

Return to The Broken Drum