Shoop-da-whoop! - The gaming thread.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Shoop-da-whoop! - The gaming thread.

Postby Quark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 am

It has occured to me that there are a few gamers around these forums- me, Ponder, Bikkit, etc - and yet, despite there being a games forum, there isn't a thread about games! :shock:
So here it is. Whether you're a fast-paced FPS fan, a Zelda puzzler, or a hardcore pen & paper Dungeons and Dragons player, here's where to discuss it.
Or I might be just be talking to myself... :(
Quark

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 am

I play wii resort, but I can't beat the table tennis champion. :(
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Quark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 am

All Wii games seem to come down to waggling the remote eventually :) . My friend always beats me at the sword fights 'cos he just waves it with his wrist at impossible speeds.
Quark

Postby mystmoon » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:06 am

I got a Wii Fit recently, should be called Wii Guilt Trip, if you don't go on regularly, it bitches about you to the other players!
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby wicked woman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Oh that is so not fair. You have to teach these things whose the boss!
wicked woman

Postby chris.ph » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:28 pm

ive finished all the halos on legendary and i now play a game called immortal nights online, im a werewolf :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Morty » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:00 am

I still struggle to get a million points on the old XP Pinball game and I thought a Wii machine was something to do with helping the old to live with incontinence :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Morty

Postby Quark » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:36 am

:oops: That's just the sort of comment that skull ring permits you to say, isn't it? :wink:
Couldn't stand Wii Fit, mostly because (a) it's always wrong and (b) the games are impossible. The number of times I've fallen off the board on the snowboarding game by leaning back too far... ouch. :x

ive finished all the halos on legendary and i now play a game called immortal nights online, im a werewolf

Ah, so you are a Halo fan :P
I never liked the first one much, as it was a firm rip-off of Half-Life and UT04 (Check out the similarities between The Flood and the headcrabs), but I will admit that Halo 3 multiplayer is massively good fun. Still, I prefer ValvE's repartee. I mean, come on. In Half Life 2 Deathmatch you can throw toilets at people! Toilets! At least, that's when you aren't hitting people with a crowbar, firing rockets with the proverbial red dot, or launching the nukes and watching people desperately try to get into the fast-closing bunker door.... Muahahah. :twisted:
Quark

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:03 am

I like Fall-out 3 8) and I play Battlefield 2 online but I get killed an awful lot in that one :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Quark » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:59 am

Heh. I've heard a lot of positive feedback about that game... Whatever you do, even if you might die a bit, DO NOT BECOME A CAMPER! :evil:

Or I'll hunt you down. :twisted:
Quark

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Quark wrote:Heh. I've heard a lot of positive feedback about that game... Whatever you do, even if you might die a bit, DO NOT BECOME A CAMPER! :evil:

Or I'll hunt you down. :twisted:

camping is boooring :wink: I hate campers I try to shoot them :twisted: but most of the time they shoot me :evil:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Quark » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Grenades will be your friend there :). Especially if you can use flashbangs or smoke grenades. Even a camper is helpless if they can't see 8)
Quark

Postby mystmoon » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 pm

[quote="Quark
Couldn't stand Wii Fit, mostly because (a) it's always wrong and (b) the games are impossible. The number of times I've fallen off the board on the snowboarding game by leaning back too far... ouch. :x [/quote]

I've managed to do something aggravating to my knee during ski jump by losing my balance at the start. Humourous to watch people hula hoop on it tho
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:01 pm

The same thing happens when i play wii with my friend. I just wave the wii mote around and keep pressing a and b and knock everyone unconcious. :lol: :wink:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Penfold » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm currently playing Fallout 3, its great. I tried Dragon Age - Origins but got bored about halfway through. Others that I enjoy are Neverwinter Nights 1&2, and Civilization.

I've considered some on-line gaming but I've always been put off by negative comments about some of the on-line gaming communities (WofW in particular). Any suggestions would be welcome! :)

My 'claim to fame' is to be amongst the first to play Dungeons and Dragons (pen & paper version, origonal paper-back, wax covered books) when it came to the UK and have sat down and played with Gary Gygax DM'ing. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Next

Return to Games